• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe Stepping Down - Press Conference @4:15

does this mean no payout for grobe?

Probably depends on if he resigned like Sidney Lowe did or if he actually resigned. And of course it depends on the contract itself. I can't quite imagine we owe him full salary regardless.

I mean I am so nervous right now. It'd be awesome to just get some new blood in here to give the program a shot in the arm. There has to be a great chance, though, that Lobo is promoted, and that is damn scary.

Yeah, there are just so many fresh minds out there with bold ideas in the FCS level who would be great in a situation like ours. And I have zero confidence that Wellman will hire one of them.

Very slim chance that Lobo gets the job. If he does, it basically confirms that Wellman is intentionally fucking with the fan base just because he can.

Sad to see him go out like this. Think he would have been the best guy to get this thing turned around. I hope, but don't believe, the grass is greener....

Any link on the live feed for the news conference??? Thanks

My guess is he was told Lobo had to go. He realized he was near the end of his career anyway, didn't want to fire his friend and family member out of loyalty, and consequently fell on the sword.

My guess is he was told Lobo had to go. He realized he was near the end of his career anyway, didn't want to fire his friend and family member out of loyalty, and consequently fell on the sword.

or he went to ron and said "i'm tired and i think we're going to suck next year, if you pay me $x i'm out."

Been said before and will be said again, but how the hell is Buzzdicklick still coaching while someone like Grobe walks away? Some on here argued it was time for him to go, and maybe that's true, but Buzz has done NOTHING to deserve this coaching gig and has done NOTHING to keep it. But Buzz is here, Grobe is gone. Holy shit, where's the Tylenol.......

Ok so this will probably play out like the Bz situation - who's got a shitty BCS coaching record that used to coach NFL but had all his success with a star player? oh shit.. return of Caldwell?

I wondered the same thing.

Pandemonium

:willynilly::willynilly::willynilly::willynilly::willynilly::willynilly:

email just received (from WFU athletics):

This morning, during their regular weekly meeting, Head Football Coach Jim Grobe informed Athletic Director Ron Wellman of his plans to resign his position.
As a University, we are grateful to Coach Grobe and his staff for the 13 seasons in which he led our football program. During that time, the Demon Deacons went to five bowl games, won the 2006 Atlantic Coast Conference Football Championship and were invited to the Orange Bowl. Coach Grobe’s tenure at Wake Forest will go down as the greatest run of football success in school history. He and his staff lifted our program to great heights and showed us that winning championships is a worthy and realistic goal.

We wish Jim and his staff all the very best. Let’s take a moment to thank each staff member for their service to Wake Forest University.

Back