• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many wins for the Deacs?

How many wins this year?

• 10+

Votes: 9 4.9%

Votes: 14 7.6%

Votes: 52 28.3%

Votes: 73 39.7%
  • 6 or less

Votes: 36 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Liberty - W
UNC - L
@ FSU - L
Army - W
Duke - W
@ Maryland - W
@ UVA - L
Clemson - L
BC - W
@ NC State - L
@ Notre Dame - L
Vandy - W

Three losses that can turn into wins - UNC, UVA, NC State

Well we had Clemson dominated last year in Death Valley, so I'd say that could be a win. We were beating ND in the 2nd half, and they lost their best two or three players. And we beat FSU. We could win any game or lose any game on the schedule (besides Liberty). That's just the way Wake football is for the most part under Grobe.

same 6 W's as everyone else, plus one of UNC, Uva, Clemson or NCSU. We are overdue vs the tiggers.

Why do so many have us losing vs. UVA?

Well we had Clemson dominated last year in Death Valley, so I'd say that could be a win. We were beating ND in the 2nd half, and they lost their best two or three players. And we beat FSU. We could win any game or lose any game on the schedule (besides Liberty). That's just the way Wake football is for the most part under Grobe.

No chance we beat ND or FSU on the road. Unlikely we beat Clemson, even at home, this year. I think Phillies' prediction is pretty accurate.

No chance we beat ND or FSU on the road. Unlikely we beat Clemson, even at home, this year. I think Phillies' prediction is pretty accurate.

No chance eh? I think each is unlikely, but to say there is no chance is just foolish. I'll take 10-1 odds on each game for $20 per. You in? Since there's no chance though, maybe it should be 100-1?

No chance eh? I think each is unlikely, but to say there is no chance is just foolish. I'll take 10-1 odds on each game for $20 per. You in? Since there's no chance though, maybe it should be 100-1?

I would say 1% chance - about as close to none as you can get. That being said, I prefer not to bet against my alma mater pulling a historic upset on the road.

CRAP just realized I have class the day of the Uva game in Cville. Oh well it'll be fun to show up to my class at Uva decked out in wake gear to piss off all of the shit-eating Wahoos.

we'll go 6-6 this year, but even when we lose we're gonna look good doing it.

You could add 2-3 wins to everyone's prediction last year most of you guys picked us to win 3 or 4 games total.

I missed the Syracuse game last year which we should of won and Vandy and I don't know what happened there. Figured we would lose to FSU, but we didn't and would finish 7-5 regular season.

Liberty-W
UNC-W
FSU-L
Duke-W
Army-W
Maryland-W
NCSU-L
BC-W
Clemson-Toss up W
UVA-W
ND-L
Vandy-W

I am going 9-3 at best and 7-5 at worst.

Last edited:
10 WINS mofuggies!!

Guaranteed and backed by your very own Oracle.

Speaking of Oracular assessments : how about that "Curse" on tarheel football that came down 12 years ago and is repeated each and every? Motherfuckers are Cursed, eh?

I'm between 6-6 and 7-5. I think the O-line being younger is fine because the O-line hasn't been very good in recent memory so no big issue there. The defense this year should be stout and Tanner is going to have a good year with some solid targets to throw to.

I think we COULD win 8 or 9, but I think we'll lose a few close ones and finish out 7-5.

There was no reason to lose to UVghey, remember the Swank Swoon? Jesus that was awful.

Back