• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

It would if Fedora was there during the alleged scandal.

You guys realize Penn State ran a decades long child rape ring and barely got punished? I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Penn State did not do that.

Bilas – a former Duke basketball player who now works with ESPN – said there’s never been a situation like the one at UNC, where university officials allegedly used fraudulent classes to keep players eligible. But Bilas thinks the NCAA has stepped out of line.

Bilas is FOS. This is exactly what the NCAA did to Harrick at UGa. He's acting like there is no precedent, but there is. If UNC skates, the NCAA owes UGa an apology.

The way I see it, one hated institution is going down - either the NCAA or UNC.

first a chili molester, now a child rape enabler. damn.

Penn State did not do that.

Disingenuous.

They knew. They enabled. They hid it. They should never play another football game against an ncaa school. Get rid of their sports all together is ok with me.

Is it any wonder he hates college professors so much on the tunnels

For personal reasons I don't want the 2005 championship rescinded; nonetheless, the integrity of the very concept of the student-athlete is at stake in this. If UNC gets by with this, the idea is dead...or, perhaps it is more accurate to say that the charade is over.

For personal reasons I don't want the 2005 championship rescinded; nonetheless, the integrity of the very concept of the student-athlete is at stake in this. If UNC gets by with this, the idea is dead...or, perhaps it is more accurate to say that the charade is over.

It's this stuff that fails the gag test. Don't say stuff like this. Not in a world that has Kentucky and dUKe men's basketball.

It's this stuff that fails the gag test. Don't say stuff like this. Not in a world that has Kentucky and dUKe men's basketball.

UK doesn't really pretend to be something it's not. "The Kentucky Way" is one and done. If UNC were not so condescending perhaps so many people would not be so eager to see them get slammed.

What possible personal reasons could you have? They cheated in the most open, cynical, direct and dishonest way, but you want to protect them. Why?

What possible personal reasons could you have? They cheated in the most open, cynical, direct and dishonest way, but you want to protect them. Why?

Someone close to me was part of that national championship team, someone who had nothing to do with the fake classes or scandal. I would hate for that to be taken away. Not too many folk are able to be apart of a national championship team on any level. I would nor expect you to understand. That's why I said it is personal.

Someone close to me was part of that national championship team, someone who had nothing to do with the fake classes or scandal. I would hate for that to be taken away. Not too many folk are able to be apart of a national championship team on any level. I would nor expect you to understand. That's why I said it is personal.

That is totally insulting. Being holier than thou is not holy. Of course,I understand your position, but I totally disagree with it.

A major player on that team has admitted he wasn't eligible to play. We don't know about other players, but there is no question about McCants.

The school knowingly stole a national championship. It's highly unlikely they would have won without McCants. It's sucks for your friend, but the team did not win fairly.

There is no justification for them to keep their ill gotten victories.

You're right. The one positive outcome of UNC skating would be not having to pretend anymore that the guys on TV are "student athletes".

Many of the UNC athletes turned in plagiarized papers in their fake classes. The NCAA has always punished plagiarism. So this "it's an academic issue outside of NCAA jurisdiction" is willful blindness of apologists.

Seems like a pretty unfair benefit if the student athlete doesn't actually have to balance being a student athlete.

Seems like a pretty unfair benefit if the student athlete doesn't actually have to balance being a student athlete.
But but but.....non-athletes didn't have to be an actual student either!

But but but.....non-athletes didn't have to be an actual student either!

That's their point. They permitted everyone to cheat...not just athletes. So they should not be charged with giving special benefits to athletes: everyone received free grades that they did not earn...at least everyone enrolled in the sham courses.

Back