• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

Today is the day something happens. And then shit will get mired in administrative delays, again.

Today is the day something happens. And then shit will get mired in administrative delays, again.

Nope. Any penalties will come months from now. Then the appeal will come. Then the federal lawsuit. Then the NCAA will appeal the outcome of the lawsuit.

This isn't the day.
This isn't the year.
This isn't the decade.

Nope. Any penalties will come months from now. Then the appeal will come. Then the federal lawsuit. Then the NCAA will appeal the outcome of the lawsuit.

This isn't the day.
This isn't the year.
This isn't the decade.

You may be right; but I hope the story continues to be told over and over again. The reported facts are damaging in and of themselves if they are known, regardless of what the NCAA does. This was and is a true scandal that needs to be noised abroad.

And as long as NC State exists, it probably will be. Go PACK.

You may be right; but I hope the story continues to be told over and over again. The reported facts are damaging in and of themselves if they are known, regardless of what the NCAA does. This was and is a true scandal that needs to be noised abroad.

And as long as NC State exists, it probably will be. Go PACK.

I would be mad too if I had the same number of ACC titles in revenue sports as Meredith and Peace for the last 25 years.

I would be mad too if I had the same number of ACC titles in revenue sports as Meredith and Peace for the last 25 years.

May be true but at least we know that they didn't cheat like unc did to get theirs.

I remember wanting to take "Theory of Coaching" as an elective in the PE Dep't my junior year. My buddy and I had to get special permission to enroll and the powers to be finally approved it, though they didn't seem too happy about it. The class met five times per week and there was no book. Coach Stahl taught football, Stallings baseball, Johnston and Packer basketball, and Rhea track. If you didn't show and take notes, you probably couldn't pass the tests. I assume many footballers who failed to attend class flunked the course, perhaps even the football part.

UNC is not being charged with easy classes.

The charges are awkward, which is often the case when the charging authority is operating outside its jurisdiction. The NCAA thinks this is an extra benefits case, which...if...well...good luck with that.

When was UNC's last ACC football championship?

It must be infuriating to cheat that much and have so little to show for it.

The charges are awkward, which is often the case when the charging authority is operating outside its jurisdiction. The NCAA thinks this is an extra benefits case, which...if...well...good luck with that.

How is it not? Classes were created for the purpose of keeping athletes eligible, and athletes were steered to those classes. How is that not an impermissible benefit? Just because those classes weren't solely offered to athletes doesn't change the reason for their existence, and the athletes who beneftied from them, and likely would have been ineligible without them (McCants).

And many of the papers submitted for those classes were plagiarized. The NCAA rules on eligibility regarding plagiarism all the time. Also, the NCAA punished Harrick at UGa regarding ridiculously low academic rigor. This is not a jurisdiction issue no matter how hard UNC wants it to be.

So when will we find out what has happened at the meetings today and tomorrow?

Probably January, maybe February 2018...unless Carolina finds yet another way to delay the process. Though it looks like the end of the process is finally near.

And then lawsuits against the NCAA.

Back