• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Injury Update?

Great to hear that Nikita "only" has an ankle injury. From his reaction and the way he looked I thought it was an ACL and that he was done for the season. Glad to hear the xray was negative.

Great to hear that Nikita "only" has an ankle injury. From his reaction and the way he looked I thought it was an ACL and that he was done for the season. Glad to hear the xray was negative.
Did anyone else find it disturbing how many times we had helmets come off? I didn't see it happen nearly the same for Carolina. Do we need to cinch the straps better? Each time we lose a player for a play.

Did anyone else find it disturbing how many times we had helmets come off? I didn't see it happen nearly the same for Carolina. Do we need to cinch the straps better? Each time we lose a player for a play.

I think UNC focused early on upper-cutting our face masks in an effort to rip the helmets off. Grobe seemed to be complaining to the refs and it lessened.

That was my thought.

I think UNC focused early on upper-cutting our face masks in an effort to rip the helmets off. Grobe seemed to be complaining to the refs and it lessened.

That may have been the genesis of the interior line hands to the face call on UNC late in the game. A few 15 yard penalties will make a team think twice about going after helmets. That is supposed to be an area of emphasis for officials because of the helmet rule.

Tylor Harris was impressive...he was able to get upfield multiple times.

I don't remember exactly when, but at one point I actually watched a UNC player just grab a Wake helmet and rip it off. There's no doubt that was part of their game plan.

I don't remember exactly when, but at one point I actually watched a UNC player just grab a Wake helmet and rip it off. There's no doubt that was part of their game plan.

It is humorous to see the IC guys claiming that "Grobe coaches dirty play"...

I felt like unc was consistently trying to hurt our guys...especially the after the whistle stuff with Nikita. They looked like the 2011 Saints out there.

bump.. wondering about whitlock in specific

I'd be surprised if Nikita played Saturday. Then again, if you'd told me that a 5'9" kid would become an all-ACC NG, I'd have been surprised, too. Nikita's the man.

According to some players, UNC linemen were throwing the black beads from the field into our linemen's eyes.

I think it might be best to just rest him for FSU and Army to make sure he's healthy for Duke and going forward. If the ankle is as bad as it looked on Saturday I'd be amazed if he could go full speed this weekend and we shouldn't need him against Army who with all their cut blocking would be a nightmare for a tender ankle as well. Making sure he is completely healthy for the rest of the year might be the best option at this point.

I think it might be best to just rest him for FSU and Army to make sure he's healthy for Duke and going forward. If the ankle is as bad as it looked on Saturday I'd be amazed if he could go full speed this weekend and we shouldn't need him against Army who with all their cut blocking would be a nightmare for a tender ankle as well. Making sure he is completely healthy for the rest of the year might be the best option at this point.

Yup, this is the right answer.

siff -

I'd be surprised if Nikita played Saturday. Then again, if you'd told me that a 5'9" kid would become an all-ACC NG, I'd have been surprised, too. Nikita's the man.

Often, the worst of a bad ankle sprain comes on Sunday morning when you roll outta bed and that foot hits the floor after 8-9 hours of inactivity....OUCH !

Obviously the training staff surely worked on him Saturday nite after the game with a whirlpool session and applied some of that unlabled mystery stinky oitment that all trainors seem to have in their cabinets and then sent him home in the boot. Bet it won't feel better until maybe Wednesday.

Actually pleasantly surprised that a 5'9" 245 pound kid hasn't gotten hurt before now going up against guys that are 6-8 inches taller and 40 to 65 pounds bigger in the trenches. Ya haveta be one tough and quick kid to do this week after week.

Guys, Nikita faked the injury to slow down the Fed Spread. He will be ready to go on Saturday.

Back