• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Isaac Haas

Just drop into the socon and get this over with.

Won't happen with all the TV money at stake. They should just admit they want to cash the checks and not bother competing though. #fairwarning

18 hours before signing, Haas and his mom were tweeting about becoming a Deacon. Even a last minute hard sell takes more than 18 hours IMO.
98% of our posters could make a really compelling case not to play for Coach Bz in about 2 minutes.

What a clusterfuck.

Watching Wake the first two games, it seems like we are real excited about a fast transition team. I do not think Haas necessarily translates well into that style of play, but just horrific if you pull a scholly at the last minute for that.

98% of our posters could make a really compelling case not to play for Coach Bz in about 2 minutes.

One picture, actually:

15iqtl.jpg

Saw Haas and his parents having breakfast with the coaches the day after the Presbyterian football game. He is enormous. After marveling at how uncomfortable and weird Bzz is to talk to (I literally had to repeat myself 4 times when I asked him how the day was going - he just gave me that death stare), It was clear Haas' parents were gung ho about Wake no matter what Bzz was mumbling about.

Once again, I found it so hard to hate on Bzz, when Childress and Rusty are sitting right there.

Whatever happened here is not good. This should not have happened and I can think of no good reasons why Wake would have done this (since it appears to be WF who, at the very least, held up him signing). Maybe he still signs and this turns out to be nothing, but it certainly seems bad for all parties.

Maybe we're striving to be "historically competitive" on the recruiting trail by trying to lure Leron Black to Wake after Illinois picks up Alexander, only to lose Haas in the process and end up with nobody.

See, I knew Deman would imply he's a momma's boy from LA. They can't help themselves.

I was excitedly telling everyone that I was going to a different school up until the morning I was supposed to leave and then switched my mind and chose to attend Wake - it does happen.

But it is the staff's job to see that a 7 footer doesn't get cold feet. That can't happen.

Regardless of the details/who's to blame/what anyone rolls out as a reason, this is simply another bzz FAIL. Period. End of story.

I was excitedly telling everyone that I was going to a different school up until the morning I was supposed to leave and then switched my mind and chose to attend Wake - it does happen.

Sure it happens. But if it was Haas' decision not to sign, that doesn't help Wake's rep either. Then you have opposing coaches telling recruits that Buzzdick can't hold top-100 commits. The message that Buzzdick is incompetent and lost a commit to a CUSA school is worse in a way than being a jerk and pulling an offer.

Your handle makes sense.

Whatever the reason, it's incompetence to lose a big basketball recruit literally hours before signing, be it cold feet, a pulled offer, suddenly learned news, etc. And to then have no explanation? It's just par for the course for Bz. He's terrible at each and every facet of being a major program coach. Honestly, I can't think of anything he does well that is a job requirement. Or at all, really.

Apparently the staff got "wind" of some disturbing news concerning the lad...seems we have a mole in the form of an Asian dry-cleaner who contacted staff and told them the boys britches were constantly soiled. I believe the tweet went something like --- "manchuriancand@$: he no wipe ass"

RULZ, is that you???

1) Were you deciding between the equivalent of a basketball scholarship on Tobacco Road or one at UAB? And did you make the UAB choice at the last minute?

2) Did you have a recruiter constantly calling you about your decision, to see where you were and to alleviate any concerns?

Whatever the reason, it's incompetence to lose a big basketball recruit literally hours before signing, be it cold feet, a pulled offer, suddenly learned news, etc. And to then have no explanation? It's just par for the course for Bz. He's terrible at each and every facet of being a major program coach. Honestly, I can't think of anything he does well that is a job requirement. Or at all, really.

The outlet pass. He teaches that well. And staying out of foul trouble. Check.

What a clusterfuck.

Watching Wake the first two games, it seems like we are real excited about a fast transition team. I do not think Haas necessarily translates well into that style of play, but just horrific if you pull a scholly at the last minute for that.

can't get out on the break unless you get a defensive rebound. transition teams need big men too

First Coach Haase took the burglar from us and now this debacle. Why won't he let us have a center? He must have a lot of dirt on Bz from his UNC days.

Back