• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Isaac Haas

Whatever the reason, it's incompetence to lose a big basketball recruit literally hours before signing, be it cold feet, a pulled offer, suddenly learned news, etc. And to then have no explanation? It's just par for the course for Bz. He's terrible at each and every facet of being a major program coach. Honestly, I can't think of anything he does well that is a job requirement. Or at all, really.

Agree that this is bad, but Haas hasn't signed anywhere. WFU isn't allowed to comment or issue an explanation per NCAA regs.

Probably a dumb question, but is there any possibility that it's a scholarship limit issue? Was Haas taking the last remaining scholarship? And then somehow that scholarship is being lost or taken by another player for one reason or another?

I assume we have no issues with APR but this link says men's basketball was last in the ACC for 2013.
http://www.bloggersodear.com/2013/6...ast-in-the-acc-in-ncaa-academic-progress-rate

this would imply that it came down to haas v rondale and we chose rondale.

Agree that this is bad, but Haas hasn't signed anywhere. WFU isn't allowed to comment or issue an explanation per NCAA regs.

There are ways around that to communicate with your own fan base. If we simply got jilted, you need to be saying something to calm the speculation.

If it was something on our side, timing the pulled offer to occur nearly simultaneously with when Haas was supposed to sign an LOI, and thus drawing the most attention possible, is ridiculous.

Basically, unless we got sudden, late, shocking info that made taking Haas a simple impossibility, this is another major PR disaster for team Bzz-Wellman.

Some speculation that other schools cited the billboard (not sure if graph version) as evidence that Bz will be fired and told Isaac not to sign.

I love the Cyrstal Ball thing being 100% UAB. Even after he committed to Wake it was 75% UAB.

I love the Cyrstal Ball thing being 100% UAB. Even after he committed to Wake it was 75% UAB.

I know you're joking, but this could lend a little insight that somebody may have known something about Haas' potential desire to play in his home state.

It's just clown college these days. How many more embarrassments will we have to take? Wake Basketball is such a shoddy operation right now it's astounding. Fire everyone. Last-second crap like this doesn't happen at competent programs.

Can we please get someone from the Obama admin to take control of the bball program and clean up this debacle?

The Crystal Ball is such a scam. Here's the way it works: guys make guesses about three or four months in advance and then within three or four days before a signing occurs every analyst magically switches to a unanimous or near-unanimous pick with the school the guy ultimately chooses. There's no "picking" about it, the analysts hear where the guy's going and then pick that school and then brag about being awesome at picking these things. There are few people I have less respect for than the recruiting analysts of the world.

From Deman, who candidly does not get much reliable information anymore:

From information I have gathered, this process was initiated by Haas, not Wake. As to whether Wake has pulled the offer, I don't know but if it is, it would be in response to the recruits actions as Wake expected him signing yesterday as late as Tuesday night

It doesn't matter what the reason is, you don't pull the scholarship offer you just keep selling your school harder.

Pulling the offer for any reason not related to academics or actual misconduct is absurd for a top 100 recruit. Absolutely absurd.

To me it's one thing if he reconsidered and is going to UAB. That's a sad indictment of where we are as a program but recruiting coups happen. It's a complete other thing if we pulled the offer at any point for any reason. The dude has 23 offers, was committed to us, and we allegedly pulled the offer? That's seriously about the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life.

That doesn't square with what we know.

From Deman, who candidly does not get much reliable information anymore:

From information I have gathered, this process was initiated by Haas, not Wake. As to whether Wake has pulled the offer, I don't know but if it is, it would be in response to the recruits actions as Wake expected him signing yesterday as late as Tuesday night

It's been all downhill since we supposedly had locked up Billy Donovan, but got Bz instead.

Back