• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ish, now a Sixer, leads the way!

3:30 mark

The Inside the NBA highlight package is hilarious. "We tryin' get ping pong balls, Ish."

Last edited:
Another solid night for Ish with a highlight lob to Noel and a trey to put it in OT that was pretty to watch. 22 points, 5 bounds, 8 assists and a couple of steals if I remember the bottom line correctly.

He'll get probably 7mil a year. With the nba cap skyrocketing next season, it won't come as any surprise. Cap should be about 100mil...so 7 mil would sound about right for him

Another solid night for Ish with a highlight lob to Noel and a trey to put it in OT that was pretty to watch. 22 points, 5 bounds, 8 assists and a couple of steals if I remember the bottom line correctly.

Ish ended with 24 on 10-25 shooting in 36 minutes. The down side is his =/- was -24.

Ish ended with 24 on 10-25 shooting in 36 minutes. The down side is his =/- was -24.

yeah but plus/minus is based on the teams overall performance while he was on the court. not super reflective of his individual performance.
That being said...his Real +/-, which factors more of the individual performance is -2.49. good for 53rd among 83 PGs. Not sure what his RPM is since joining Philly.
Interestingly...the worst PG in the NBA via RPM ? Derrick Rose.

yeah but plus/minus is based on the teams overall performance while he was on the court. not super reflective of his individual performance.
That being said...his Real +/-, which factors more of the individual performance is -2.49. good for 53rd among 83 PGs. Not sure what his RPM is since joining Philly.
Interestingly...the worst PG in the NBA via RPM ? Derrick Rose.

he had the worst +/- on the court last night. he's just so inefficient and dominates the ball so much. that's ultimately why i'm skeptical he gets a multi-year deal. he doesn't really have any upside and i'm not sure what role he fits as a backup other than fast. i love that he's sticking in the L and added some excitement in losses for my XERS, but i just don't see NBA gms lining up to give him a multiyear deal.

Can we have a separate thread for the posters that hate Ish? Seems personal.

i think you're confused. i rep ish hard everytime i discuss MY WAKE BOYS in the nba. the fact that i went to college with 5 legit nba players is SIIIIIICK.

Can someone explain the Ish hate to me? I don't understand it at any level.

Ish Smith is the human incarnation of joy, and some people just can't handle happiness.

i think being more of a teague guy means hater.

I love how everyone is pointing to some contrived numbers run through some dweebs' algorithms - dudes who have probably never played a level higher than NBA Jams on their mom's basement couch - who say Ish isn't that good when the dude has brought the Sixers more wins than any other player in the last three years on a per game basis. Do you play to have the best +/- or to win the most games, even in the face of blatant tanking efforts?

his teams are 54-104 when he plays 10 mins are more.

The good news is that all NBA teams aren't run by "stats" guys, and he only needs one dude who doesn't look at advanced metrics to pick him up.

Back