• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

What, in the history of Hamas, would give you the idea that they would accept a prisoner exchange and that would be the end of the altercation? Maybe I'm missing previous examples? At least maybe examples that didn't immediately lead to more attacks after the exchange?

There are lots of examples of prisoner exchanges in the history of Israel-Palestine conflict.

This is why history is important. Helicoptering in to make simplistic points that don’t reflect the reality on the ground, but instead reflect talking points from the stupidest media timeline doesn’t contribute anything to this conversation.

“Do you really keep a straight face when you say that? Do you think terrorist organizations embedded in populations who are denied their most basic human rights are ended once and for all in a military campaign? Does that happen in human history? Can someone credibly tell me that when the leadership of a country says we are cutting off food, electricity, water, and all supplies to an entire civilian population, that they are targeting militants?! That is lie and it can not be allowed to pass.”

That's fine Pops -- you're a complete fucking moron. It is a serious and important topic, so you being a dumbass and not understanding OGB's post and jumping on him based on your misunderstanding does nothing to advance or contribute to the discussion.
didn't pops say is daughter-in-law is palestenian?

i agree that he missed OGB's point, but I'm also sensitive to the fact that he's way closer to this situation right now than I am and reading comprehension mistakes can be addressed much less hostilely

i agree that he missed OGB's point, but I'm also sensitive to the fact that he's way closer to this situation right now than I am and reading comprehension mistakes can be addressed much less hostilely

Yeah, this is correct. Shoo is a ridiculous poster.

OGB - are you into graphic novels at all?

Joe Sacco’s Palestine and Footnotes in Gaza might be of interest to you and others on this thread.
Before or after my kids were born? I think I'm 30 pages deep on the Reagan bio I started last year, haha.

I'll put it on the list, though. Always appreciate a good book rec, especially one that challenges my priors.

He's an idiot on every thread he posts on. I don't know anything about his daughter in law, but his schtick is tired.

is this a genre of cop posting now

"lots of bad vibes out in the world rn - nothing specific here - don't worry we will protect u"

goddamn, really?
Yeah iirc Pops posted a little while back about how her family is in the west bank and it's been a cluster fuck even getting into contact with them and trying to figure out what they might need to do

Back