• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

Every facet of this scenario is virtually unimaginable for me. From the brutality to the sheer number of people in such a small area to the destruction. Where the hell are these people supposed to evacuate to? If they even had the means — something like half of the 2 million residents in Gaza are children. It also looks like a great many of the existing buildings in Gaza were already borderline uninhabitable. I can’t imagine the agony of witnessing or falling victim the violence on either side, be it snuff films or the countless bodies buried in rubble.

Also, there’s a section in the doc I posted “Gaza Fights for Freedom” about half way through with videos of IDF snipers targeting unarmed women and children and rejoicing over it like a video game, with true hate in their words. Kinda dispelled the notion that one side was more terrorist than the other (for me), or that the people launching rockets or shooting the gun are just carrying out orders.

Also, there’s a section in the doc I posted “Gaza Fights for Freedom” about half way through with videos of IDF snipers targeting unarmed women and children and rejoicing over it like a video game, with true hate in their words. Kinda dispelled the notion that one side was more terrorist than the other (for me), or that the people launching rockets or shooting the gun are just carrying out orders.
yeah this is something that i wish people understood

the vast majority of palestinians and israelis are good people

there is a culture of cruelty, though, undergirding each society at this point, largely influenced by history and the extent to which each side has dehumanized each other for generations

Well....... now I'm thinking about the American journalist killed by an Israeli sniper last year.

Simone was going to be Bernie's Israel person before he got scared off by liberals accusing her of being anti-semitic (for being anti-Zionist). She's a great human, one of the best of us.

Well considering the organizations that had offices in the WTC there was some degree of logic to OBLs attack. The personal, intimate and grotesque conduct by Issis and now Hamas has no strategic design other than hate. it’s basically suicide cult behavior.

Well considering the organizations that had offices in the WTC there was some degree of logic to OBLs attack. The personal, intimate and grotesque conduct by Issis and now Hamas has no strategic design other than hate. it’s basically suicide cult behavior.
Pretty dumb post

So some people got Monday off to celebrate Columbus and got Friday off for fear of a "Global Day of Jihad."

I stopped reading your post after the first paragraph; pick one culture to be wiped off the face of earth?
Hold your nose and choose Israel? What are we, savages? How can anyone even wish that happen to anyone, even in a war? But that is Israel’s intention. And that is why now matter how difficult a situation this is, no matter how horrific it’s been, on both sides, the World must insist it stop.
If you really do have a daughter-in-law or other relative in Palestine right now, that's horrifying, and I can't imagine the stress your family might be going through. I believe you live in South Carolina. I have a co-worker in the state legislature and am more than happy to reach out to him. I don't know that there's realistically anything he could do, and you've probably exhausted legislative options already, but send me a PM if you want me to try. God bless.

"I'm not smiling, I'm crying"

Did someone forget to tell him he was on camera?

Back