• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

So what's next after the IDF destroys Gaza and rids it of Hamas?
I don’t know how anyone can predict with any confidence what’s next looks like. All we know is the Israelis are saying they do not want to occupy Gaza long term. Assuming there is a ground offensive it almost certainly will take many months and will be awful for everyone.

I don’t know how anyone can predict with any confidence what’s next looks like. All we know is the Israelis are saying they do not want to occupy Gaza long term. Assuming there is a ground offensive it almost certainly will take many months and will be awful for everyone.

Why don’t they want to occupy Gaza long term?

We don’t want to… but we are going to anyway

Biden already "flipping" a bit (at least in public statements - I assume he already had these conversations with Israel behind the scenes) in imploring Israel not to invade Gaza.

That ship has already sailed, but who could have seen this one coming?!?

Biden already "flipping" a bit (at least in public statements - I assume he already had these conversations with Israel behind the scenes) in imploring Israel not to invade Gaza.

That ship has already sailed, but who could have seen this one coming?!?

how is that a flip

Seems like there is only so much we can do because Israel knows we will never abandon them as it’s political suicide in the United States. So you get pressure for humanitarian things like turning the water back on, or delay a ground invasion as long as possible but if Israel wants to do something, short of nuclear, I don’t think there is anything the US would/could actually do to stop them.

i think there's a lot "we" could do short of nuclear to stop them from occupying gaza

I mean sure you could say no more money, no more weapons but politically it won’t happen so it’s not realistic.

US politicians could create a political climate that allowed more criticism of Israel but they won’t.

Back