• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

Aren’t Palestinians and Israelis essentially the same “people” (descendants of common ancestors, ancient Canaanite’s)? Just different “tribes” and eventually different religions?

interesting how the goalposts have shifted to comparing death toll to the Ukraine conflict. Back in October, Gaza wasn't genocide because it was 1 death per day for 15 years and '1500 in one day' was worse -- but now that the retaliation has killed more than twenty times that 1,500 in 6 months, we have to reframe it versus a larger conflict to keep the scoreboard feeling good

There’s never going to be a satisfactory argument or clever enough retort for the plamas and biffs. Muslim life is valuable and precious - as prescious as any other, and the Palestinian people are right to resist being ethnically cleansed from Palestine. The world can’t allow ethnic cleansing, much less participate in it.

Sure, and they’re using the term genocide to get all riled up. And I’ll wager with any of them that there will be more Palestinians living in Gaza in 10 years than there are now.

Outside of the story with Jose Andres food workers there hasn’t been many news stories of actual deaths in Gaza for a few months now, the pace of actual deaths has gone way down. It was over 30,000 more than 2 months ago, now it’s 34,000? Contrast that with around a million deaths in the Ukraine/Russia fight, I’m sorry that that fight matters a whole lot more to me but it does. And we know what happens to that fight if leftists usher in Donald Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The indiscriminate killing of civilians, starving of a population, blocking of medicine and water, all point to genocide. Listen to the language of top Israeli officials.

Sure, and they’re using the term genocide to get all riled up. And I’ll wager with any of them that there will be more Palestinians living in Gaza in 10 years than there are now.

Outside of the story with Jose Andres food workers there hasn’t been many news stories of actual deaths in Gaza for a few months now, the pace of actual deaths has gone way down. It was over 30,000 more than 2 months ago, now it’s 34,000? Contrast that with around a million deaths in the Ukraine/Russia fight, I’m sorry that that fight matters a whole lot more to me but it does. And we know what happens to that fight if leftists usher in Donald Trump.

Americans (by and large except for insane Republicans) aren’t protesting American involvement in Ukraine because America is helping to fight against the fascist maniacs in Ukraine.

What a callous take. Complete lack of empathy for the suffering Palestinians continue to face.

Outside of the story with Jose Andres food workers there hasn’t been many news stories of actual deaths in Gaza for a few months now, the pace of actual deaths has gone way down. It was over 30,000 more than 2 months ago, now it’s 34,000?
sounds like some of the public pressure is having an effect

Also, following the OGB - there's a small encampment on the Quad. Sounds like admin met with them at 4AM to try to get it resolved and moved to another area by a certain time. Not sure where it stands now.

Back