• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

it is all falling into place

Fell asleep earlier today and had an awesome dream. Shaka was touring campus with CP3. He was shown renderings of the new sports performance center and the refitted Joel. He was led into a regal conference room where an incredible, professional video was played showing the greats of Wake Forest, followed by the greats of the ACC coaching fraternity - and Shaka was right there with Dean and K. It ended with Shaka leading the Deacs onto the court with a "2017 NCAA Champions" banner being unfurled at the Joel.

Then I woke up. I quickly fell back asleep, and had a nightmare. Ron Wellman was giving Shaka a powerpoint presentation with bullet points on "culture."

Boring-Presentation.jpg

Watch it be Turner and the next day Swofford calls and says Wake is being exiled to the Socon.

Yeah, Paul refilling your cup of sweet tea while Duncan clears the plates at Graylyn will be the deal maker. However, Brinks truck gets us most of the way there if full.

I really can't see Smart coming to Wake. He had no interest in Illinois or State. What am I missing?

Besides, anything I want really bad never happens.

I really can't see Smart coming to Wake. He had no interest in Illinois or State. What am I missing?

Quite simply? The ACC is the big dog and you are either in or looking from the outside. There is serious money here. When he looked at State it was a different world.

Graduated from a top liberal arts school. Wife is a Harvard/Northwestern grad. He probably won't come here, but having rejected enormous state schools, one of which is second banana to another state school just down the road, doesn't mean he won't like what is unique to Wake.

Gotta go in big. "Hello, Coach Smart. This is Tim Duncan. I'd like to talk to you about becoming the head coach at Wake Forest University."

Followed up by: "Hey, Coach Smart. This is Chris Paul. Just wondering if you had any questions about Wake Forest."

Followed up by: *beep* *beep* *beep*

I like your thinking. Maybe Tim Duncan, Chris Paul and RW need to show up at Shaka's house in a Brinks truck.

Is this referring to Shaka?

If the old war horse hires Shaka, Wright, Marshall or Howland do we really care?

"If" is the operative word. How much confidence do you have that he'll get this done? A dynamic guy would be pimping this opportunity everywhere. Ronnie is instead spending his time pimping his fired coach and, well, doing nothing. A dynamic guy would be selling a great opportunity, but Wellman will instead be talking "culture."

I had a goldfish named Craig Dawson while at wake his official name was Craig Dawson Phish. I love that dude

"If" is the operative word. How much confidence do you have that he'll get this done? A dynamic guy would be pimping this opportunity everywhere. Ronnie is instead spending his time pimping his fired coach and, well, doing nothing. A dynamic guy would be selling a great opportunity, but Wellman will instead be talking "culture."

After the Buzz hire today at VT I have a very high degree of belief we get one of those four.

Back