• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's time to forgive and move on says Dan

No. It specifically wasn't announced as an interim.

oh...well anyway the point i was trying to make that i'm sure you and VA already knew was that it is acceptable to fire a coach after two years if it's clear the guy sucks.

Dan is mixing personal and professional relationships here. You forgive in your personal relationships. You hold people accountable in professional relationships. With Dan's mistaking the two, imagine contracts not honored ("Oh well, I forgive you"), and bad employees retained ("Miss yet another deadline Dan? I forgive you."). There would be no accountability.

Goodwill is a real thing, and Wellman exhausted his considerable stores of it in 1) hiring Bz and 2) acting dishonestly to defend the hire. His dishonest defense continued even through the press conference. He has impugned his own credibilty. Why should someone donate and support someone so patently dishonest? I could forgive him on a personal level (we all have friends who are jerks), but cannot abide it on a professional level - and that is his relationship to us, professional.

Back