• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeff [Redacted] Wikipedia

I added some formatting changes. Somebody needs to up date the table at the right and at bottom with updated win loss records.

Some of it's already been removed.

'''Jeff [Redacted]''' (born December 1, 1952) is a really bad<ref>http://firebz.com/FireBz/Home.html</ref>

Unfortunately, on April 13, 2010, [Redacted] left Colorado to become the 21st head men's basketball coach at Wake Forest University.<ref name=usatodaywf /> After 3 years with a total record of 34-60 (11-42 in the ACC), many fans and media members called for him to be fired, but athletic director Ron Wellman reaffirmed his support for [Redacted], who he said had "laid the foundation that we think is important for future success" <ref>http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/81907/wake-forest-sticks-with-[Redacted]</ref>, but in reality he pretty much ruined a once proud and great program<ref>http://firebz.com/FireBz/Home.html</ref>. Perhaps most concerning, however, is the fact that [Redacted]'s ACC road record sits at 1-25, 1-28 including the ACC Tournament

It was this guy:

USER:MCA70

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hello, my name is Mark Anderson, and I work in the Communications and External Relations office at Wake Forest. I'm here to contribute factual, verifiable information that will improve the quality of Wake Forest-related pages. I'm aware of Wikipedia's policies and guidelines, specifically related to conflict of interest, and I will abide by them. My work will be restricted to suggestions on talk pages, and I will not engage in direct editing any Wake Forest-related pages. My hope is to work with the Wikipedia editors by volunteering information that would lead to better articles. If you want to contact me, please leave a message on my talk page. Thanks. MCA70 (talk) 21:51, 9 November 2012 (UTC)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MCA70

It was this guy:

USER:MCA70

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hello, my name is Mark Anderson, and I work in the Communications and External Relations office at Wake Forest. I'm here to contribute factual, verifiable information that will improve the quality of Wake Forest-related pages. I'm aware of Wikipedia's policies and guidelines, specifically related to conflict of interest, and I will abide by them. My work will be restricted to suggestions on talk pages, and I will not engage in direct editing any Wake Forest-related pages. My hope is to work with the Wikipedia editors by volunteering information that would lead to better articles. If you want to contact me, please leave a message on my talk page. Thanks. MCA70 (talk) 21:51, 9 November 2012 (UTC)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MCA70
90x90.anderson.mark_.jpg

The road record is a fact! Can we file a complaint or something? This is crazy.

List it as factual without any words like "troubling" etc.

An example would be, "While at Wake Forest, Jeff [Redacted] compiled the worst home/loss record of any ACC coach in history <11>." And then put the attribution.

I put the worst coaches part back in with a vanilla description pointing to the Athlon article.

Would you mind doing the same for the road record? I'm having trouble editing from my ipad...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have to use a picture that's in the public domain.

Sweet, someone put up that picture of Bzz where he is grimacing and stretching sideways like gumby. Surely that one is public domain.

Would you mind doing the same for the road record? I'm having trouble editing from my ipad...

Post a link here, showing it's the worst record and I'd be glad to. I don't have time to research right now.

I think we should mention on his page that he got his head coaching break with the Nuggets (his first head coaching job in over 10 years) because Dan Issel called a fan a "Mexican piece of shit."

List it as factual without any words like "troubling" etc.

An example would be, "While at Wake Forest, Jeff [Redacted] compiled the worst home/loss record of any ACC coach in history <11>." And then put the attribution.

I put the worst coaches part back in with a vanilla description pointing to the Athlon article.

He can still delete, no matter how you phrase it. That's the beauty/curse of wikipedia.

Post a link here, showing it's the worst record and I'd be glad to. I don't have time to research right now.

I didn't want to say that it's the worst record. It goes without saying.

1-25 against the ACC on the road, 1-28 including ACC Tournament, is a statistic that is both true (as in undeniable fact), and basically says all that needs to be said. That's why I posted the ESPN schedule pages as reference.

He can still delete, no matter how you phrase it. That's the beauty/curse of wikipedia.

Of course, but you can add it back and as long as you did it properly, there are people to report it to who can overrule.

Of course, but you can add it back and as long as you did it properly, there are people to report it to who can overrule.

Add it back in a tasteful correct way with references. Then when Mark Anderson deletes it again we can appeal to have his Wiki editing priveledges revoked.

I added this: "In 2012 Mr. [Redacted] was listed as the 3rd worst college basketball coach by RantSports.com, for taking a "proud program" that "Dave Odom and Skip Prosser had built ... with great players like Tim Duncan and Chris Paul helping put the Demon Deacons on the same page with in-state powers Duke and UNC. ... and making them slow, boring and soon to be irrelevant." Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-bask...llege-basketball-coaches/#CX5VO8Xov2PwLYUu.99 "

Direct quotes from the article about ruining the program, rather than my own opinion about him ruining the program. Rantsports is not exactly a highly regarded source but, but hey I am just quoting them.

Back