• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeff [Redacted] Wikipedia

All of the above glory is gone.

Make sure all future edits contain:

[[File:BzdelikZone.jpg|thumb|alt=alt text|caption]]

Last edited:
Vt's chart needs to make Wikipedia with a description of The [Redacted] Zone. I would do it, but don't know how

Agreed. Also, the write-up and tables need to be updated. (It looks like the wins/losses have not been updated since February of last year.) Whoever does it, under standings for last year please insert "T-12th".

You can also remove that sarcastic indication that we won the NCAAT in Buzz first year at Wake. That is too much of an insult to the world of college basketball.

wait bzz has a "how to" DVD? i guess he really is a great "x and o's" guy. consider me now firmly bzz... i can't even pretend to say it. maybe someone is buying copies to take the the next board meeting with hatch?

Yes it's up... haha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BzdelikZone.jpg

The [Redacted] Zone is a term used to describe BCS conference team's who's Ken Pomeroy ranking is below 200. Jeff [Redacted] was the first BCS coach to lead his team to back-to-back sub-200 rankings during the 2011 and 2012 seasons at Wake Forest University. Coach [Redacted] is currently working on his 3rd consecutive sub-200 season.

Yes it's up... haha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BzdelikZone.jpg

The [Redacted] Zone is a term used to describe BCS conference team's who's Ken Pomeroy ranking is below 200. Jeff [Redacted] was the first BCS coach to lead his team to back-to-back sub-200 rankings during the 2011 and 2012 seasons at Wake Forest University. Coach [Redacted] is currently working on his 3rd consecutive sub-200 season.

Excellent!

But there's bad news. Premier Wellman has had his minions deface the Jeff [Redacted] wiki page. The well written description has been removed. Unfortunately, last year's finish is now described as "T-9th" which is an insult to 9th place teams everywhere.

how does Wiki just let people delete accurate information from someone's page?

No worries, Ron Wellman himself has corrected the page to include all the pertinent information regarding the [Redacted]'s tenure.

No worries, Ron Wellman himself has corrected the page to include all the pertinent information regarding the [Redacted]'s tenure.

HAHA

Wake Forest University

On April 13, 2010, [Redacted] was hired as the 21st head men's basketball coach at Wake Forest University.
When Dino Gaudio was let go the week prior, athletic director Ron Wellman cited poor post season performance as the basis for that decision.[1] When announced as head coach, [Redacted] stated the program goals to include winning games, advancing to postseason, and winning championships.[2]. In his first two years, [Redacted] earned a record of 21-32. The 2010-2011 season was particularly notable, achieving the first home opener loss in the history of the Joel Colliseum and setting the record for the highest number of losses in Wake Forest basketball season.[3][4] During the 2011 off season, [Redacted] suggested that results would improve due to addition by subtraction after three players transferred.[5] Results did indeed improve, but again Wake Forest did not win games against its primary rivals, Duke, North Carolina State, and University of North Carolina. The program also, again, failed to meet the goals set out by Ron Wellman and Jeff [Redacted], finishing with a losing record, a loss in the ACC tournament, and no postseason bid.[6] Despite these results, when asked if Jeff [Redacted] would return for a third season, Ron Wellman was emphatic that the embattled coach would return.[7] Three players soon announced their desire to transfer from the program.[8] Again, [Redacted] projected optimism during the off season, frequently citing the incoming class of freshmen.[9] The class of seven freshmen was ranked #23 by ESPN and was not ranked by either of the other two major services.[10][11][12] As of December 4, 2012, Wake Forest's season record is 3-4, including a 26 point neutral court loss to Iona and a 16 point home loss to Nebraska.[13] After the Nebraska loss, [Redacted] was quoted saying, "I've tried everything. I'm not going to make any excuses. Tuesday is their toughest day academically. It starts at sun-up. I was aware of that, and I was trying to give them rest. I tried a different approach today, just giving them some rest. I don't know."[14] Ron Wellman has yet to make any announcements regarding [Redacted]'s future with the program.

The [Redacted] Zone

Jeff [Redacted] was the first coach to lead a BCS conference team to consecutive seasons with a final Ken Pomeroy rating below 200. Thus, the term "[Redacted] Zone" is used to describe a BCS school who is performing at such levels. In 2012-2013, Coach [Redacted] is looking to take his Wake Forest men's basketball team to an unprecedented 3rd season below 200. Please see the illustration.

HAHA

Wake Forest University

On April 13, 2010, [Redacted] was hired as the 21st head men's basketball coach at Wake Forest University.
When Dino Gaudio was let go the week prior, athletic director Ron Wellman cited poor post season performance as the basis for that decision.[1] When announced as head coach, [Redacted] stated the program goals to include winning games, advancing to postseason, and winning championships.[2]. In his first two years, [Redacted] earned a record of 21-32. The 2010-2011 season was particularly notable, achieving the first home opener loss in the history of the Joel Colliseum and setting the record for the highest number of losses in Wake Forest basketball season.[3][4] During the 2011 off season, [Redacted] suggested that results would improve due to addition by subtraction after three players transferred.[5] Results did indeed improve, but again Wake Forest did not win games against its primary rivals, Duke, North Carolina State, and University of North Carolina. The program also, again, failed to meet the goals set out by Ron Wellman and Jeff [Redacted], finishing with a losing record, a loss in the ACC tournament, and no postseason bid.[6] Despite these results, when asked if Jeff [Redacted] would return for a third season, Ron Wellman was emphatic that the embattled coach would return.[7] Three players soon announced their desire to transfer from the program.[8] Again, [Redacted] projected optimism during the off season, frequently citing the incoming class of freshmen.[9] The class of seven freshmen was ranked #23 by ESPN and was not ranked by either of the other two major services.[10][11][12] As of December 4, 2012, Wake Forest's season record is 3-4, including a 26 point neutral court loss to Iona and a 16 point home loss to Nebraska.[13] After the Nebraska loss, [Redacted] was quoted saying, "I've tried everything. I'm not going to make any excuses. Tuesday is their toughest day academically. It starts at sun-up. I was aware of that, and I was trying to give them rest. I tried a different approach today, just giving them some rest. I don't know."[14] Ron Wellman has yet to make any announcements regarding [Redacted]'s future with the program.

The [Redacted] Zone

Jeff [Redacted] was the first coach to lead a BCS conference team to consecutive seasons with a final Ken Pomeroy rating below 200. Thus, the term "[Redacted] Zone" is used to describe a BCS school who is performing at such levels. In 2012-2013, Coach [Redacted] is looking to take his Wake Forest men's basketball team to an unprecedented 3rd season below 200. Please see the illustration.

so much yes

HAHA

Wake Forest University

The [Redacted] Zone

Out yourself for pos rep!

Love it! Especially the citations. That better stay up

HAHA

Wake Forest University

The [Redacted] Zone

Haha! I love it, but Ron isn't gonna let it last up there for much longer. I'm guessing this Dash Deac character is probably someone Wellman hired to search the internet 24/7 and enforce his revisionist history.

It would be nice to include that he had to apologize last year after cursing a heckler.

Nothing against this poster personally, but fuck this noise. I want this erased from my brain.

Just got protected with our revisions in place. Sadly it only lasts for a day. I also worked in the Miami incident.

ETA: never mind, they just took it down.

Back