• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Collins is #2 in KP's All-ACC Ratings

Look at the bright side...at least this will bolster the Wake alum NBA team starting 5. Losing Tim left a big hole in the middle, next year we got CP3-Teague-James Johnson-AFA-JC with Ish off the bench.

That team is actually kind of legit, especially now that James has revitalized his career.

Had JC had season like this prior to last year's draft, he could have be picked as highly as #8. Marquese Crisse was the #8 pick basically on potential. John has potential but has produced. But this year is different.

If he keeps playing like this, there's an outside chance that he could become the second big picked this year(behind Markannaen). He could pass Rabb, Williams and Patton or at least be in the discussion.

Yesterday changed my mind about this. He embraced his talent more yesterday than he had before. He seemed so much more comfortable and even before the game was having more fun than before. I would not be shocked to see him even raise his play over the next five games.

Sadly for the Deacs, I would now be surprised if he returns. If by some chance he does and Chaundee plays anywhere near his ranking, we will be a Top 15-20 team. Once that happens, it becomes the luck of the draw.

For comparison's sake to the current freshman draft class, John Collins is 1 month younger than Lonzo Ball, 6 months older than Markelle Fultz, and 2 months older than Bam Adebayo, so his age (as a sophomore) isn't as much of a negative regarding potential. Next year might be a different story. He would need to add a lot to his game to make up for that lost year.

In a normal year, you might be right in this era, but this isn't a normal year. Next year is nowhere near as good as this year.

On the flip side he's so young even if he left after his junior year, it would be more akin to a soph early entry. For example, when James Johnson went #16 overall after his soph season he was already 22 years old. Even Teague was already 21 years old after his soph season and went #19.

If JC leaves after his JUNIOR season he'd only be 20.5.

Whether he stays or leaves, can we please not crucify him like our other early departures......

“To be frank, it’s legacy or money, really,” Collins said. “I’m trying to decide if I want to be up in the rafters as one of the great Wake Forest players of all time or go to the NBA, be a professional and do it that way. But I’m trying to wait until the end of the season to make any kind of decision, to do anything about that. ... No wavering yet. I’m on the fence either way.”

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_3ee7d8f8-d80a-554c-8421-8ca16e02cffd.html

“To be frank, it’s legacy or money, really,” Collins said. “I’m trying to decide if I want to be up in the rafters as one of the great Wake Forest players of all time or go to the NBA, be a professional and do it that way. But I’m trying to wait until the end of the season to make any kind of decision, to do anything about that. ... No wavering yet. I’m on the fence either way.”

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_3ee7d8f8-d80a-554c-8421-8ca16e02cffd.html

Nice find Ranger. He's gone.

If he takes us to the tournament, he will have a legacy.

I was a bit surprised SJM didn't see more minutes in that blowout. We may need him to up his game next season.

THe only way he's not gone is if he doesn't get multiple 1st Round guarantees. It would be the right thing to do.

If he takes us to the tournament, he will have a legacy.

Agreed. And even though that's all JJ and JT did, it was a different time for Wake hoops so I don't view them as having much of a legacy. JC, however, has dragged us out the abyss.

He's probably gone, but nothing in that statement led me to believe he's conclusively decided.

I think if a player has an open mind, the process will lead a player to go if he will be a first round pick. He sounds very open to weighing his options.

He's probably gone, but nothing in that statement led me to believe he's conclusively decided.

Yep, this.

If JC comes back his Junior year, he will be THE HERO. If he leaves after this year, no one will crucify him or think poorly of the man, but he would be a legend if he comes back.

Back