• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keys to Victory: APP STATE

It'll be interesting to see if App get's either of their top 2 WRs back for this game, they haven't played a snap all season. Little info coming out of the App camp as well, all that's been said is hamstring.

I saw Meadors on Twitter (I've been following him since Wake was recruiting him) insinuate that he would be back soon, if not this weekend.

It'll be interesting to see if App get's either of their top 2 WRs back for this game, they haven't played a snap all season. Little info coming out of the App camp as well, all that's been said is hamstring.

What happened to the guy who originally committed to Wake and late transferred to App? Was it long ago enough that he graduated?

Packing a 24,000 seat stadium when you have 20,000 students that never need to study is not impressive.

Based on their 18,250 students, App would have to have to play in a 120,000 seat stadium to represent 5K students at a 31,500 seat stadium like Wake has.

I saw Meadors on Twitter (I've been following him since Wake was recruiting him) insinuate that he would be back soon, if not this weekend.

I kinda wonder if he's been healthy the past two weeks and we thought we could get by without him vs. Sav St. and Texas St. just to give him 2 extra week. My guess is he plays as well

I kinda wonder if he's been healthy the past two weeks and we thought we could get by without him vs. Sav St. and Texas St. just to give him 2 extra week. My guess is he plays as well

I assume Moore is ok? He came out in the second half on Saturday against Texas State. That would be a big loss if he for some reason couldn't go.

Based on their 18,250 students, App would have to have to play in a 120,000 seat stadium to represent 5K students at a 31,500 seat stadium like Wake has.

Has Wake had more than 1k students at a game since 2006?

I assume Moore is ok? He came out in the second half on Saturday against Texas State. That would be a big loss if he for some reason couldn't go.

Upshaw has been the better back this season, I don't know if that was a coaching decision or injury

Packing a 24,000 seat stadium when you have 20,000 students that never need to study is not impressive.

Yeah, it's much more impressive to play in an empty stadium every weekend in a large city.

What happened to the guy who originally committed to Wake and late transferred to App? Was it long ago enough that he graduated?

Found it out myself. Jaylan Barbour. He was in the 2014 class (SR or rJR). He transferred from App to WSSU this season.

Yeah, it's much more impressive to play in an empty stadium every weekend in a large city.

9% of App grads live outside NC. Probably have ten times Wake's living alumni. Their stadium attendance is not impressive.

Texas State held App to 283 total yards on Saturday.

9% of App grads live outside NC. Probably have ten times Wake's living alumni. Their stadium attendance is not impressive.

I knew the banter would be solid this week, I did not expect Wake Forest fans to bring up stadium atmosphere as part of said banter. That's rich

If App's offense and Wake's defense play the way they have so far this year, I think App will struggle to hit 20+ points but a lot of that hinges on the turnover picture which has gone heavily in Wake's favor thus far.

I could see this being a 27-17 type game that is close into the fourth quarter. Winning road games is hard and the advanced stats have this as a matchup of two top 55 teams.

Quite pathetic

NecessaryRoughness.jpeg

Especially when they've got guys on their team like Scott Bakula and Sinbad.

If App's offense and Wake's defense play the way they have so far this year, I think App will struggle to hit 20+ points but a lot of that hinges on the turnover picture which has gone heavily in Wake's favor thus far.

I could see this being a 27-17 type game that is close into the fourth quarter. Winning road games is hard and the advanced stats have this as a matchup of two top 55 teams.

Spot on here, also Wake shouldn't throw at Duck. He'll be playing on Sunday in 3 years, kid is a stud. Not really any other play makers in the secondary for App outside of Duck.

I knew the banter would be solid this week, I did not expect Wake Forest fans to bring up stadium atmosphere as part of said banter. That's rich

On any given college football Saturday, anyone that would say the over all experience of attending a Wake Forest football game is less than that of Appalachian is just fucking stupid.

I predict a 14 point win, about 28-14. We'll run the ball effectively, and they will be worn down in the second half. Dortch and Hines will be problems for them, and so will Wolford and the run/pass option. On the other side of the ball, I think we're going to dominate them, and force them to throw more than they want to. I hope they run the option a lot, because I see that going nowhere. Our offensive line has been the best surprise so far to me, with the corners a close second, and once the run is shut down I think we force an interception or two.

I've been excited for this one for a while, and can't wait to be there.

Back