• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kliff Kingsbury

YoungBuck95

Reaction score
Make it happen Wellman. Grobe ball is out of time. Bring Kingsbury from TA&M.

He will for $2.3 million or whatever Jim makes.

lol if you think he's come to wake.

As head coach? I guess it depends on how anxious he is to be a head coach. He's too inexperienced to get a job better than Wake right now. One year as a power conference coordinator and only 5 total years coaching.

Delusions of Grandeur

Even though he's playing against my Tide, I have a huge man crush Kingsbury. Dude looks like a boss, and runs a fun offense.

it helps where you have a future heisman winner running it.

You think Manziel is going to win the Heisman?

ETA: he's a great qb, but it's going to be Klein or Barner.

yes manziel will win the heisman. probably next year, if not this year

Ah thought you meant this year. But will definitely get one before he's done.

Still: bring Kingsbury in!

LOL You losers aren't even willing to hurt Master Grobie's feewings, much less hire a great coach. I MEAN, COME ON GUYS, WE DID WIN THE MORAL ORANGE BOWL AFTER ALL!!!

I like it. People really think he wouldn't come here? He makes 400k now. Offer him 1.4. Hard to turn down a million dollar raise.

dont forget other schools may need coaches too

TAMU could and very likely would match that offer to keep him as offensive coordinator.

I'm not for overpaying for a product, which we've been doing for a while now. However, guys like Kingsbury would be hard to draw to Wake. Yeah, it would be an extra $1 mil or so a year right now, but it would most likely kill his career. He should hold out and keep winning against SEC teams for another year or so and he'll get a real offer.

For the record, I do think Wake could be much more successful in the ACC. Better recruiting and better coaching and we could be relevant in conference (whatever that's worth). But not many promising coaches are going to be lured by this scenario. It would be better to pay a shit salary for shitty football, and put mega bucks into hiring a great basketball coach (which we could do) and atleast be good at something.

This is Wake Forest people. We've gone bowling four out of the last six years. We have an outside chance at doing it again this year. And you are going to fire Grobe?

I have a better idea. Let's hire Caldwell again and give you a little perspective.

Looks like we're heading towards three losing seasons in the last four. But, it's all roses.

This is Wake Forest people. We've gone bowling four out of the last six years. We have an outside chance at doing it again this year. And you are going to fire Grobe?

I have a better idea. Let's hire Caldwell again and give you a little perspective.

The bowl argument just doesn't mean much anymore. Half the teams go to bowls. This just shouldn't be the watermark for our program anymore. The fact that we couldn't squeeze out bowl eligibility (and there's no fucking way we will) with this schedule, we are overpaying. We peaked in 2006 and have gradually been in a steady decline ever since. I don't see anything better than the Caldwell years right now.

Fuck it, if he'll come for $400,000 a year, hire his ass back. Take the money and hire Shaka Smart or somebody in basketball.

Back