• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kliff Kingsbury

Have you watched a wake game recently? It's obvious we get out coaches nearly every game.

^That's hyperbole. We certainly have one of the least talented teams in the ACC. If we were getting outcoached every game, we would be 1-7 every year.

Funny story about Kliff Kingsbury. NC State traveled to Lubbock in 2002 to play the Red Raiders. Philip Rivers was asked about the upcoming trip, and he said he was looking forward to meeting then Texas Tech basketball coach Bob Knight. In response to this, another reporter asked Kingsbury if he would like to meet Herb Sendek. Kingsbury's response "Who's Herb Sendek?"
Who's Herb Sendek indeed.

IP glitch?

^That's hyperbole. We certainly have one of the least talented teams in the ACC. If we were getting outcoached every game, we would be 1-7 every year.

Ehh. I feel like in some of our wins we've been out coached.

I see NO heart from the staff nor the players and that is a HUGE red flag!!

Imagine Wake beating ND... the fapping would never stop on this board and Grobe would be the latter day Knute Rockne. A boy can dream.

I fear we must keep Grobe until Wellman is gone. We can't risk having the worst AD in NCAA D1 sports making another hire.

I'd rather keep Grobe than have young hotshot coordinators using us to jump to bigger schools, which is the very first thing that would happen once one of them has a 9 win season at Wake.

The difference with Grobe is that he had that chance in '07 and chose to stick with us rather than moving on to greener, SEC, pastures.

I'd rather keep Grobe than have young hotshot coordinators using us to jump to bigger schools, which is the very first thing that would happen once one of them has a 9 win season at Wake.

The difference with Grobe is that he had that chance in '07 and chose to stick with us rather than moving on to greener, SEC, pastures.

I'll take the 9 win season while saving $1 million a year...I have no confidence Grobe will get us back there.

I'll take the 9 win season while saving $1 million a year...I have no confidence Grobe will get us back there.

I think we all would love a coach that cost $1 million less and won 9 games a year, but that sounds eerily familiar to the "Anybody is better than Dino Gaudio!!! He stinks!!!" talk.

worst case scenario is we end up 5-7. for a team with a HS caliber OL, only one receiver who can catch the fucking ball, a poor DL overall, slow LBs who cannot tackle and no depth that's ok.

some of you are god damn idiots.

James Franklin pounds the Deacs every time he faces them.

If Grobe were fired what do you think his buyout would be- at least $5 million? Look at all those empty seats at the basketball games- I doubt the cash cow of Wake athletics is bringing in the dough like it once did. Grobe is going nowhere. He's here until the end of his contract.

worst case scenario is we end up 5-7. for a team with a HS caliber OL, only one receiver who can catch the fucking ball, a poor DL overall, slow LBs who cannot tackle and no depth that's ok.

some of you are god damn idiots.
How are these problems not mostly the fault of the coaches? Unless recruiting issues are no longer attributed to the coaches, it is the coaches' fault for fielding such a team. Sure, some players transferred that would have been contributors but the main issue shown above is lack of success recruiting and mismanagement of players, which put players in poor positions to succeed and drove off some players that could have possibly contributed.

well there you go. we just need to go get better players

Back