• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kliff Kingsbury

and your solution is to shitcan grobe because we look like shit this year? and any year we look like shit (winning 5 games) we should shitcan the coach?

Never said a word about shitcanning him, but, yes, I do think he should be held to some sort of standard. Grobe has not done a very good job of late. We aren't talking about one season either so don't act like anyone is being overly reactive here. We're on track for a fourth straight non-winning season and our second season of the past four where we just look like complete dog shit pretty much every time we take the field.

I think he has to get one more season for purely financial reasons, but I have very little hope he can turn it around. He relies very heavily on his coordinators, which would be fine expect neither is very good, and he's also too loyal to them.

I take it you're satisfied with the quality of the product on the field then.

no, but i'm more satisfied watching us suck at 5-7 and 6-6 with the occasional 8 or 9 wins plus the one miracle than i was watching us go 2-9 and 1-10 every year.

now, if you are so fed up with grobe you want him gone, who is the answer

Never said a word about shitcanning him, but, yes, I do think he should be held to some sort of standard. Grobe has not done a very good job of late. We aren't talking about one season either so don't act like anyone is being overly reactive here. We're on track for a fourth straight non-winning season and our second season of the past four where we just look like complete dog shit pretty much every time we take the field.

I think he has to get one more season for purely financial reasons, but I have very little hope he can turn it around. He relies very heavily on his coordinators, which would be fine expect neither is very good, and he's also too loyal to them.

on no, four straight non-winning seasons. at wake forest. in football. i agree, give him one more year then fire his ass and bring in someone who will do better at wake forest in football. who do you have in mind?

give me a break

on no, four straight non-winning seasons. at wake forest. in football. i agree, give him one more year then fire his ass and bring in someone who will do better at wake forest in football. who do you have in mind?

give me a break

So you have no expectations? Or are your expectations just so absurdly low that this dumpster fire of a program is actually meeting them? For $2.3mm Grobe doesn't get measured against old expectations. There's nothing unreasonable about this. This football program is an embarrassment to the university right now.

Give me a break.

So you have no expectations? Or are your expectations just so absurdly low that this dumpster fire of a program is actually meeting them? For $2.3mm Grobe doesn't get measured against old expectations. There's nothing unreasonable about this. This football program is an embarrassment to the university right now.

Give me a break.

i'm saying that 6-6 in football at wake forest should be classified as a decent year instead of a dumpster fire and an embarrassment.

the basketball program is an embarrassment

who do you have in mind as a replacement?

Mill -

who do you have in mind as a replacement?

When the time comes, I think it'll be on Grobe's terms....i.e., he'll announce his retirement.

Vandy made a great catch in Franklin.....young, energetic, aggressive and successful in a tougher conference at a school just like Wake.

Oh and he's way under paid at present too.

Nothing against Franklin, but all he's done is beat the worst teams in the conference.

2011: 2 conference wins against Mississippi (0-8) and Kentucky (2-6).
2012: 4 conference wins: Mississippi (2-4); Missouri (2-4); Kentucky (0-7); Auburn (0-7)

i'm saying that 6-6 in football at wake forest should be classified as a decent year instead of a dumpster fire and an embarrassment.

the basketball program is an embarrassment

Record doesn't reflect everything. Just compare 2009 and 2012. Same record, entirely different feel.

Agree last year was decent. 2009 too probably. Still that's two bad years out of the last three.

matt -

Nothing against Franklin, but all he's done is beat the worst teams in the conference.

2011: 2 conference wins against Mississippi (0-8) and Kentucky (2-6).
2012: 4 conference wins: Mississippi (2-4); Missouri (2-4); Kentucky (0-7); Auburn (0-7)

But look at his near misses in conference versus the factory schools - very competitive. Plus look at his recruiting versus Wake's. Look at him lobbying/getting the under construction indoor practise facility. His resume' pre-Vandy is very impressive. Lastly, 2 bowl trips his first 2 years.

If Kingsbury wants to be a head coach now then we could get him. Hard to know his thinking on this. Fisher and Muschamp didn't become head coaches until ten years after becoming coordinators at LSU. Of course Leach only put in three years. Lots of variability to that path to being an elite head coach. Of course, a lot of variability to the crappy program route too, but if Chizik can do it...

Back