• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kliff Kingsbury

He's not gonna get a big time program right away after being a coordinator for a successful team. We could probably get him. Throw $2.3 million at him, you got him.

If Wake were to replace Grobe, I could see a variation of what Clemson is doing working out well. Bring in an ace recruiter, preferably with ties to Florida, then surround him with great coordinators. Obviously Wake isn't going to spend the money Clemson is on coordinators, but it's a decent model that I think Wake could be successful with.

If Wake were to replace Grobe, I could see a variation of what Clemson is doing working out well. Bring in an ace recruiter, preferably with ties to Florida, then surround him with great coordinators. Obviously Wake isn't going to spend the money Clemson is on coordinators, but it's a decent model that I think Wake could be successful with.

I don't disagree with this approach. It makes sense. However, you have assumed we have a competent AD who can formulate a plan to achieve measurable, positive results.

We currently have Elmer Fudd as a basketball coach and half of our damn football team is leaving and our jackass of an AD just mumbles incessantly about culture and a tennis stadium.

Isn't that what you effete, Gloria Vanderbilt jeans wearing connoisseurs of European opinion would prefer? A world where tennis, futbol, and field hockey dominate the water coolers and chat boards. Just look at the front page our this sports board. For God's sake, it looks like a discussion of the front page of the Le Monde sports section.

As for me, I believe we need to kick girly men like Ron Wellman to the curb, and hire an ambitious AD who doesn't serve the collar popping mop topped preppies who have traditionally run the show around here.

I don't disagree with this approach. It makes sense. However, you have assumed we have a competent AD who can formulate a plan to achieve measurable, positive results.

We currently have Elmer Fudd as a basketball coach and half of our damn football team is leaving and our jackass of an AD just mumbles incessantly about culture and a tennis stadium.

i'm saying that 6-6 in football at wake forest should be classified as a decent year instead of a dumpster fire and an embarrassment.

the basketball program is an embarrassment

Are you talking about last year? No way we get to 6-6 this year. The Inquisition will look merciful compared to what ND will do to us Saturday, and Vanderbilt will beat us soundly. We could have finished 7-5 but that would have required us to beat Maryland and Duke. Hardly an unreasonable expectation.

Nothing against Franklin, but all he's done is beat the worst teams in the conference.

2011: 2 conference wins against Mississippi (0-8) and Kentucky (2-6).
2012: 4 conference wins: Mississippi (2-4); Missouri (2-4); Kentucky (0-7); Auburn (0-7)

We would be lucky to go 2-2 against those four. I dunno, but beating bad teams is pretty important, and I wouldn't take a win against any of those 4 for granted the way we play.

I have watched a handful of Ole Miss games this season. Hugh Freeze is an excellent coach, completely flipped the switch on that program. I would want no part of Ole Miss.

Back