• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kliff Kingsbury

well there you go. we just need to go get better players
No, but your excuse for the coaches was listing problems with talent/execution levels. I stated my opinion that the talent issues reflects upon the coaches recruiting. A lot of blame also falls on the players and the players simply need to execute better but when whole groups of players are playing below level, it's indicative of a wide-scale coaching/development issue. I don't really endorse a full-fledged coaching change but there needs to be a wide-scale change in how the coaches approach recruiting, player development, and game-day coaching. Each is below par in my opinion.

Sounds like a lot of people want different head coaching but not a different head coach.

the people who want different head coaching are fools

Average margin is -9 with our toughest opponent looming, as well as a Vandy team that beat a better Wake team by 34 last year. But, it's all roses.

As a Nole, I'd love for Grobe to leave but as a fan of the deacs, No way I'd like to see that happen.

If Jimbo Fisher, Will Muschamp and Derek Dooley was the best that "football factories" could get, who do you think the best Wake could get?

The bowl argument just doesn't mean much anymore. Half the teams go to bowls. This just shouldn't be the watermark for our program anymore. The fact that we couldn't squeeze out bowl eligibility (and there's no fucking way we will) with this schedule, we are overpaying. We peaked in 2006 and have gradually been in a steady decline ever since. I don't see anything better than the Caldwell years right now.

Fuck it, if he'll come for $400,000 a year, hire his ass back. Take the money and hire Shaka Smart or somebody in basketball.

What should be the watermark?....there's no real next step other than ACC Championship/Orange Bowl....because competing for a top 3 bowl isn't going to happen every year with our fanbase...it will only happen if the bowl is left with no other choice.

Only one team from our division makes the ACCCG...so making a bowl is the only consistently obtainable goal...with an acceptable expectation to compete for the ACCCG every few years

What should be the watermark?....there's no real next step other than ACC Championship/Orange Bowl....because competing for a top 3 bowl isn't going to happen every year with our fanbase...it will only happen if the bowl is left with no other choice.

Only one team from our division makes the ACCCG...so making a bowl is the only consistently obtainable goal...with an acceptable expectation to compete for the ACCCG every few years

Beats the hell out of hoping for a music city bowl every year. Why aren't we striving for the acccg every year? Shouldn't all of the acc teams be striving for this?

As a Nole, I'd love for Grobe to leave but as a fan of the deacs, No way I'd like to see that happen.

If Jimbo Fisher, Will Muschamp and Derek Dooley was the best that "football factories" could get, who do you think the best Wake could get?

I'm confused. Fisher, and especially Muschamp were highly regarded as good/great coordinators at 2 or 3 of the top programs in the country over the past 20 years. Dooley, on the other hand..

Beats the hell out of hoping for a music city bowl every year. Why aren't we striving for the acccg every year? Shouldn't all of the acc teams be striving for this?

Who says we aren't. We almost made it last year.

No matter what ultimately happens with Grobe, it's pretty damn amazing that he has changed the perception of Wake Forest football to where our fans think we should be striving for the ACCCG every year.

Just think about that in some historical context for a minute.

Let's not forget that as a small, predominantly white, academically-oriented private school located in a small city that isn't really a college town, we face some recruiting hurdles that a significant portion of our competition does not face.

No matter what ultimately happens with Grobe, it's pretty damn amazing that he has changed the perception of Wake Forest football to where our fans think we should be striving for the ACCCG every year.

Just think about that in some historical context for a minute.

Let's not forget that as a small, predominantly white, academically-oriented private school located in a small city that isn't really a college town, we face some recruiting hurdles that a significant portion of our competition does not face.

nope. we should win 8-9 games per year. why? because, that's why.

There's a difference between "We should win 8-9 games per year" and "We should play smarter and harder and coach smarter and harder and if we did that, we could win 8-9 games per year because we play a weak schedule."

If Grobe wants the old expectations then he should be taking the old salary. Grobe raised the bar, now he has to be measured against it. No, the bar isn't an ACC championship every season or even nine wins every season, but the bar is never, ever looking like a hot mess of a football team yet here we are.

If Grobe wants the old expectations then he should be taking the old salary. Grobe raised the bar, now he has to be measured against it. No, the bar isn't an ACC championship every season or even nine wins every season, but the bar is never, ever looking like a hot mess of a football team yet here we are.

and your solution is to shitcan grobe because we look like shit this year? and any year we look like shit (winning 5 games) we should shitcan the coach?

There's a difference between "We should win 8-9 games per year" and "We should play smarter and harder and coach smarter and harder and if we did that, we could win 8-9 games per year because we play a weak schedule."

ok, so if grobe sucks who is the answer

I take it you're satisfied with the quality of the product on the field then.

It is possible to not be satisfied with the quality of the product on the field and not immediately go to "fire the coach."

I don't ask for players to be immediately removed from having their scholarships when they miss a tackle or drop a pass.

Back