• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Latest MTOW from Dan

What the fuck is Ice Bath?

tumblr_mf0qb6R1Bj1rfdbu8o1_500.gif

I understand the figurative sense of an ice bath but I don't get the capitalization. The hell with it. I'm done trying to figure out Dan's post game blog. This one was particularly puzzling.

Dan has corrected the article.

Ron Wellman is sequestered (I love that word) in Indianapolis attending to his duties as the Chairman of the NCAA Basketball Committee, so I found Mike Buddie, his right-hand man, in hopes that Buddie would shoot down all the speculation.

Buddie declined to do so. He said Wake was leaving all options opened.

I covered my first college game during the 1972-73 season, so I'm about as old-school an ACC writer as anybody still in the busines..

My opinion of the CBI is the same as it has been since it was spawned by the Gazelle Group six years ago,

It's beneath the ACC. It's certainly beneath a basketball program with as proud a basketball tradition as that of Wake.

I wouldn't know why Wake would even entertain the notion, but I hope beyond hope it's not to build the case for bringing [Redacted] back a fifth year.

If Wake does lower itself to such levels, I hope somebody would have the decency not to require Randolph Childress -- as revered a basketball player as there is in school history -- sit on the bench.

That would be harder to watch than the game.

Last edited:
I wouldn't know why Wake would even entertain the notion, but I hope beyond hope it's not to build the case for bringing [Redacted] back a fifth year.

If Wake does lower itself to such levels, I hope somebody would have the decency not to require Randolph Childress -- as revered a basketball player as there is in school history -- sit on the bench.

Well said, Dan.

Dan dropped the hammer. Great work.

It's hard to believe that the head of the NCAAT committee, an AD from the storied ACC, would accept a CBI bid.

And the worst part about it is they already have begun with the soundbite that we are letting the players choose if they want to play.

Fans aren't going to get mad at the players for wanting to compete and thus the administration deflects blame from them for going to the CBI. But as we've seen in years past, the AD decides if we accept a bid to the CBI, not the players. Of course players are going to want to compete. Bush league move by the AD and I hope Dan asks the following question if we go:

"Why did you decide to let the players choose whether or not to play in the CBI when in years past (2007-2008), the bid was rejected for the players by the athletic department?"

And the worst part about it is they already have begun with the soundbite that we are letting the players choose if they want to play.

Fans aren't going to get mad at the players for wanting to compete and thus the administration deflects blame from them for going to the CBI. But as we've seen in years past, the AD decides if we accept a bid to the CBI, not the players. Of course players are going to want to compete. Bush league move by the AD and I hope Dan asks the following question if we go:

"Why did you decide to let the players choose whether or not to play in the CBI when in years past (2007-2008), the bid was rejected for the players by the athletic department?"

Our AD has developed a real expertise in deploying human shields.

"I wouldn't know why Wake would even entertain the notion, but I hope beyond hope it's not to build the case for bringing [Redacted] back a fifth year."

My sentiments exactly. . .

Dan has corrected the article.

Ron Wellman is sequestered (I love that word) in Indianapolis attending to his duties as the Chairman of the NCAA Basketball Committee, so I found Mike Buddie, his right-hand man, in hopes that Buddie would shoot down all the speculation.

Buddie declined to do so. He said Wake was leaving all options opened.

I covered my first college game during the 1972-73 season, so I'm about as old-school an ACC writer as anybody still in the busines..

My opinion of the CBI is the same as it has been since it was spawned by the Gazelle Group six years ago,

It's beneath the ACC. It's certainly beneath a basketball program with as proud a basketball tradition as that of Wake.

Dan! Bringing the heat! Finally!

"...I hope beyond hope it's not to build the case for bringing [Redacted] back a fifth year"

Thanks, Dan.

Back