• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Les Déplorables

Demonizing government simply for the case of demonizing government is dumb. You've picked an ideology and rationalized all your opinions based on it rather than coming up with opinions regardless of whether or not they fit.

"project[ing] their plans on those who are considered their inferiors" is a hell of a way to describe a healthcare plan that has given millions of uninsured people insurance.

William, Lord Hastings on the Tunnels:

More pity that the eagles should be mewed,
Whiles kites and buzzards prey at liberty.

Demonizing government simply for the case of demonizing government is dumb. You've picked an ideology and rationalized all your opinions based on it rather than coming up with opinions regardless of whether or not they fit.

"project[ing] their plans on those who are considered their inferiors" is a hell of a way to describe a healthcare plan that has given millions of uninsured people insurance.

Just wait till you have the good fortune of applying for Obamacare.

Obamacare was written by the hospital lobby so they wouldn't have to provide charity care to a lot of uninsured people anymore, hence why it did nothing about cost of care

"given"

If it comes from the government, it's freeeeeeeeee!*

*ymmv

I like how somewhere between the end of Bernie's campaign in June and the Trump September Surge the term "elites" went from referring to the top 1% of income earners to referring to smart people.

I like how somewhere between the end of Bernie's campaign in June and the Trump September Surge the term "elites" went from referring to the top 1% of income earners to referring to smart people.

Pretty soon we'll be referring to elites as those people that will get into heaven

I think most people use air quotes when referring to elites.

I guess this was inevitable. WTF, Hillary, why did you have to help this fool out?

Those are the ramblings of an idiot based on stereotypes.

In what world is Nassim Nicholas Taleb an idiot? That dude has forgotten more about any subject than you've learned in your entire life.

In what world is Nassim Nicholas Taleb an idiot? That dude has forgotten more about any subject than you've learned in your entire life.

"You don't know who you're dealing with. I advise you to back off" sayeth Ph, a genius in his own mind (and yes, he did use words to that effect).

"You don't know who you're dealing with. I advise you to back off" sayeth Ph, a genius in his own mind (and yes, he did use words to that effect).

You can tell that Taleb's description of the Intellectual Yet Idiot has fit Ph perfectly based on his incredibly triggered response.

Those are the ramblings of an idiot based on stereotypes.

I thought you would be one of the first to be offended by this article. There are a few others on here that were almost mentioned by name.

For those that are interested, Taleb also wrote a great takedown of FiveThirtyEight's shoddy methodology, in which he proposed (what I believe to be) a much more appropriate model based on the stochastic processes of the prices of binary options.

Last edited:
CrR2jj7XgAI8fc6.jpg:large

Back