• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

March Madness Thread

Former Wake target Matthew Fischer Davis making a dumb move

Don't understand that strategy. Intentional backcourt foul on an 86% free throw shooter with a one-point lead, then hold for a 25-footer with 3 seconds to play when one point behind.

The foul wasn't strategy; it was a boneheaded mistake. The 3-pointer was just bad offense, probably because the guy started to panic.

Wow that's a crappy way to go down.

Now we have to keep putting up with Chrisy interviews.

I actually thought that last ball was out of bounds off NW - the guy's finger bended

A lot of posters may not have been around to remember it, but Carl Tacy pulled a similar move in the last 25 seconds with a tie game against DePaul in 1984....but he had Rudd foul a poor free throw shooter, not an 86% one, and the game was tied at the time. The strategy was that Tacy wanted us to control our own destiny rather than let DePaul hold the ball for a last second shot to beat us. It was a 1 & 1, so even if he made both free throws we still had about 15 seconds to tie the game (no 3-point shot then). If he only made 1 or missed the front end, we could win with the last shot....which is what happened. The DePaul guy missed the free throw, Kenny Green got the rebound and Danny Young sneaked in for the last second layup to retire Meyer.

Idk if it's just me, I can't stand that Macura kid for XU. He acted like a real asshole in Winston as a freshman. Looking like a chode with the long sleeves, leggings combo tonight. I picked XU to win but he really makes me wanna pull for the Terps (who I will always hate).

Guys help me out here. A few years back (has to be 7 or less), there was a one shining moment play from an early round upset, where there maybe were to teammates that were brothers, and the one dude gets the rebound and without even looking heaves the ball over his head full court and hits the other dude in perfect stride for the dunk. Pure blind pass and one of the best bball plays I have ever seen. I can't find it anywhere on youtube.

Plaz halp.

Back