• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 23: NC State @ LJVM -- Saturday 4 pm - ACCN

Surely we have someone who can handle Horne. Need someone to stay on him like stink on s..t!

They are taking it to us and have more of an edge. sallis seems up for it but idk about the rest. We have to stop turning the ball over.

NC state is a second half team. So this is not great.
I actually feel ok about this as we tend to be up at half. I suspect there is a sense of urgency in the locker room. Let's see how it manifests.

Wake is 8-19 from 2 and State is 14-24...that seems to be the difference. Both teams roughly equal on turnovers, threes.

State still hitting the glass well too up 8 at the half.

Wake at 1.03 PPP and State at 1.18

And can Hildreth just lay the fucking ball off the glass. Quit with the palming wrist action shit - just put the ball in the basket.

if you like villains, then Horne is your guy. He plays that part to perfection.

Next 20 minutes are about as big as they can be for a February 10 game. Really need this one. Finish the shots around the rim at a higher percentage than we did in the first half and keep getting good looks from outside. On defense have to stick on Horne from the perimeter and not slack off him.

I would try a little zone. Make them hit a 3 . Can not be worse
Box and one with the one on Horne to start as he is 2-3 and really only real threat. They were 0 for whatever so dare the others to beat you from 3. But Forbes doesn’t know zones….

This thing is like 60 secs of game clock from being even. One good run flips the script.

Cam missed 3 layups and a FT, that’s the difference so far.

Back