• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Golf

The back nine appears far tougher than the front, at least today. Anyone have insight into that?

Stanford challenging that rankings theory though - not a great start for them. Wake finally all off.

This course must be near impossible this afternoon. We are shooting a million. So is Stanford

Not an issue for FSU (who Wake is playing with) right now.
exactly!
same ole same ole.
mcbribe is hitting the rode so he can play the worthless euro mini tours and Z has proven hes no Haas or Simpson.
Go Deacs

Kids are playing a very strong front nine. They've bettered klempton, what a turnaround.

Looks like the four-ball tourney was a great warm-up for McBride and Young ... not

Front 9 playing much easier for most teams. Need one of our +7s to get one or two back. We're right in the mix though.

I am sure this will jinx him to an 80 tomorrow, but it seems that Sterbinsky has been the most consistent Wake golfer the last 3-4 tournaments. He may not go real low, but he rarely blows up. Seems to always be around par.

Zalatoris eagles 7 which appears to be one of the hardest holes on the course. Rest of the team played it in +5. Huge.

Looks like the four-ball tourney was a great warm-up for McBride and Young ... not

If you are arguing that playing a USGA event in tournament conditions is not a good prep for ANY golf event, then I strongly disagree with you.

If you are arguing that playing a USGA event in tournament conditions is not a good prep for ANY golf event, then I strongly disagree with you.

I would argue that playing any tournament on the east coast just a couple of days before a big team tourney on the west coast could lend itself to mental and physical fatigue. If school is out, I would have thought that the whole team would have gone on out to Oregon a week or so out just to acclimate to the time difference. Who knows why, but those two put up the two clunker rounds for the team. After finishing the fall so strong, Young has really not played well at all this spring. Perhaps he can get it going the next couple of days, but I am not holding my breath. Hopefully McBride can return to the form he showed in the regionals.

3 shots out of 8th. You can't qualify for the finals in the first day, but you can play your way out of it. We didn't do that.

Need a strong showing from our fourth score. Three solid/good numbers and a big number isn't going to cut it.

Back