• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Golf

Then our best player Kupcho falls off a golf cart and gets a concussion. Who is driving the damn cart? That is hard to do people, unless you are going way too fast or just don't understand rolling hills or gravity.

Not so hard to do fall off of or out of a cart - though 95% of the time it involves a fair amount of alcohol, which was probably not the case for this one.

Deacs are grinding through a middling round. Currently, 8th at +3, but only 4 shots out of 2nd. Duke is the only team playing lights out.

+4 now and tied for 9th.

Sigh.

We are losing to 188th Boston College by 5 shots. That will almost assuredly not hold up through Sunday, but still not great.

One of Detmer or Young need to make some birdies coming in or we are going to have a big hole to climb out of over the weekend...

Young has missed the last 2 tournaments with a wrist problem. I'm a little surprised we put him back in after missing some time, although he is one of our best 5.

Alright, tied with BC again. Their 4 was at -1 and he got a 9 on a Par 4, but his score still counts.

Their 5 is also -1 and his stroke average is like a 78 (eyeballed it because they don't have stats on the BC website).

We're wasting a solid even round by our No. 5 (Bae) with Detmer and Young at +5/+6 apiece.

Most surprising thing to me is our lack of birdies vs the rest of top half of the field. That is usually not an issue for us.

Forgot how much of an advantage Clemson is going to have this week. I bet they play Musgrove fairly regularly.

Can you sub out after a round if your guy can't go due to injury?

We have Waugh and Sterbinsky who could play tomorrow or Sunday.

No subs. Although I think the NCAA tournament has changed their rule for the match play portion after the Beau Hossler fiasco last year.

I doubt its injury for Young. Sterbinsky is good enough that we would have taken him if concerned about Young's wrist. But I have no clue how much he's been able to prepare for this week.

Makes no sense. Our last 5 tournaments are: 3rd, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd.

Obviously there's a lot of time left, and this is a strong field, but the ACC Tournament woes are unbelievable.

At this point I think its just something infecting the program. Everyone knows it and feels the heat. Coaches, players, parents, fans etc etc. Very hard to play your best when you've got 30 years of history weighing you down.

For Young's sake, I hope this performance is injury related, as he is on his way to his second straight round in the 80s and is currently DFL.

At this point I think its just something infecting the program. Everyone knows it and feels the heat. Coaches, players, parents, fans etc etc. Very hard to play your best when you've got 30 years of history weighing you down.

Sadly this lament applies across the board for Wake sports

Back