• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

my convo with tyler cavanaugh.

I guess it's a good thing the OP wasn't one of the posters here that post on game threads on how he's not ACC caliber etc.

I guess it's a good thing the OP wasn't one of the posters here that post on game threads on how he's not ACC caliber etc.

i may, or may not have made a comment like that in a drunken fit at the ACCT debacle...

I don't want to ruin Jeff [Redacted]'s career. I just don't want him coaching Wake Forest anymore.

He can go ruin another basketball program, and can do so with my blessing.

By all means please indulge me on the x's and O's of Buzzy Ball bc I see no improvement from Stetson 2010 to Maryland 2013! (that would be my question)

I don't want to ruin Jeff [Redacted]'s career. I just don't want him coaching Wake Forest anymore.

He can go ruin another basketball program, and can do so with my blessing.
Exactly!!! Numbers and the eye test suggest that this is not going to end well for Wake Basketball.
This program is not a UNC or a Duke so a 4 year failed experiment will take a small school like Wake, a decade to rebound

despite how well he handled talking about a very touchy subject for a player to discuss in public, the fact that this guy is still an innocent kid was evident with the "career ruining" comment...

Exactly!!! Numbers and the eye test suggest that this is not going to end well for Wake Basketball.
This program is not a UNC or a Duke so a 4 year failed experiment will take a small school like Wake, a decade to rebound

it wont be that bad but it's definitely not good.

something like this in FB would signal the end of WFU FB relevance though.

Seems like a good young man. But it is frustrating that he and the athletic department characterize everything as about ruining someone's career (isn't it a job he's supposed to earn anyway?). Can't it be interpreted that we care deeply about the future of our alma mater, that they represent? The spin doctors have successfully muted that point of view. It's all being seen from their perspective as the lunatic fringe.

At least many in the media have been describing us as a "small, very loyal fanbase," who have rationale, common sense, and facts on our side to make the argument for a change of course.

Looking at Jeffrey's stats everywhere he's been, it seems fans at every place he's held a job have made it a point to just ruin his career, and cost him games.

Weird.

despite how well he handled talking about a very touchy subject for a player to discuss in public, the fact that this guy is still an innocent kid was evident with the "career ruining" comment...

And it shows that some/most of them are probably playing for the coach not the school.

The players, Wellman, and the BOT don't want to admit they were wrong to back a career loser so they'll justify it however they need to.

Read: Ty Walker

Well I think there is a big difference between a student athlete you ask to come to your school and a coach you pay to come to your school.

I've seen students at Wake get in trouble with academics and non-academics that got multiple chances to straighten it out.

Would be interesting to have the same conversation with him two years from now (assuming Bzz gets to year 5). Tyler doesn't seem to understand fully that the fanbase just finished year 3 of this shit.

Back