• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

my convo with tyler cavanaugh.

I am proud of Tyler's response. And you know I am bzzout. He said exactly what he should have said. He is a 19 year old kid representing his university and head coach. Until he has another coach to play for he should give Bz 100% and effort.

There is a difference in being a fan and a player. If you are going to play for a school you have to have the coaches back. If at any point you cease to believe in your coach you should transfer. Fans have the benefit of seeing the program throughout time, players should only focus on their current team and making it the best team possible.

If Cav or the AD lackeys are reading this they should be proud of how the young man handled himself.

So you are saying he believes in his coach, since he is supporting him publicly and hasn't made arrangements to transfer. So he probably told the truth. At least one person on this board agrees that it is possible he spoke the truth.

I don't know if Tyler spoke the truth or not, but to say anything differently than he did would be foolish.

So you are saying he believes in his coach, since he is supporting him publicly and hasn't made arrangements to transfer. So he probably told the truth. At least one person on this board agrees that it is possible he spoke the truth.

1360258865_51qshuXEypL.jpg

Tyler probably had at least some truth to his statements and he's entitled to his opinion. However, any player who'd publicly state anything but support for the coach they currently play for is an idiot. Regardless of his true feelings, he said exactly what he should have said.

The statement about people coming in to talk about negative press for [Redacted]/Wellman is pretty damning for those two. If you can't disprove the other side, just pay some people to make the other people ignore it.

Side note: I do love some penne rustica.

it's the pasta equivalent to crack.

I refuse to weigh in on Tyler's actual vs. stated feelings on our coaching situation until the OP reveals what Tyler drew on his paper table "cloth" with the complimentary Crayola crayons Macaroni Grill provides to all its cherished customers.

haha, i really wish i would have looked now. i'm pretty sure his sisters were bogarting the crayons though..

I am proud of Tyler's response. And you know I am bzzout. He said exactly what he should have said. He is a 19 year old kid representing his university and head coach. Until he has another coach to play for he should give Bz 100% and effort.

There is a difference in being a fan and a player. If you are going to play for a school you have to have the coaches back. If at any point you cease to believe in your coach you should transfer. Fans have the benefit of seeing the program throughout time, players should only focus on their current team and making it the best team possible.

If Cav or the AD lackeys are reading this they should be proud of how the young man handled himself.

Completely agree

So who the heck did RW and bzz bring in to counsel the players to "ignore all the anti-bzz stuff"? Really? Ronnie has to PAY someone to come in and try to convince the players that bzz is OK and to ignore those mean people out there? Seriously...who has a job like that?

So who the heck did RW and bzz bring in to counsel the players to "ignore all the anti-bzz stuff"? Really? Ronnie has to PAY someone to come in and try to convince the players that bzz is OK and to ignore those mean people out there? Seriously...who has a job like that?

I have an idea but it's so stupid I refuse to take it seriously.

The sad part is that Wellman and Bz are using 19 year old kids, and former basketball greats to shield themselves from criticism, because neither of them are man enough to step in front of a microphone and admit that things are not going well and that they need to do better as an AD and a coach. Instead they expect the media and Wake Forest fans to believe that somehow this is all going as planned.

The sad part is that Wellman and Bz are using 19 year old kids, and former basketball greats to shield themselves from criticism, because neither of them are man enough to step in front of a microphone and admit that things are not going well and that they need to do better as an AD and a coach. Instead they expect the media and Wake Forest fans to believe that somehow this is all going as planned.

They have an uncanny tag-team ability to make the right people believe all this nonsense. I had no idea so many people thought our NBA players were thugs and unworthy to be considered Wake Forest men. Did they watch Scent of a Woman and come up with this shit?

Sure, I've heard of toeing the company line (and thank you for not spelling it "towing"), but my experience is that freshmen are pretty bad at it until they get burned a time or two. In that kind of a relaxed setting, I think the odds are that he spoke his true feelings. Sorry for not toeing the board line.

Tyler admitted that they were being coached on what to think about it all and how to respond to questions about it. He simultaneously released the information that there was a company line to toe and what said company line was.

Probably the same consulting group that Wake brought in to work on how [Redacted] came off in the media interviews and all that.

That is where some of the Deacon Club money has gone. To pay for the coach to get "don't be a dickbag in the media" training.

Most PR hacks that I've encountered are radio station/journalism castoffs or former advertising copywriters.

Tyler admitted that they were being coached on what to think about it all and how to respond to questions about it. He simultaneously released the information that there was a company line to toe and what said company line was.

I sure as hell hope so - I'd hope our athletes don't give such boring answers to questions naturally.

Him and his family came into Mac Grill last night, (his dad is at least 7 foot tall btw), and I got a chance to talk to tyler while watching the end of the Wichita St. v. Ohio St. game. His family are all great people and it was fun talking basketball with them. Anyways, after the game I decided to approach tyler and tell him that just because most Wake fans are buzzout, some more adamant than others, it doesn't reflect our feelings towards the players and organization as a whole in the least bit and that no matter who the coach was we are proud of them and support them 100%.

His response was a small smile, and he said something like, "yeah, well if we finished every game strong we would have been above .500 and maybe even in the tourney. and we're all young and aren't good on the road. we're just gonna keep working hard and looking forward to a great season next year."

I agreed with his stance on how this season could have easily been a success, brought up Va Tech, BC, GT, Duke, Seton Hall, Uconn etc.. Then he continued, "and about all of the negative stuff about coach, the only thing that bothers the players is we just find it weird that some people are crazy enough to devote so much time, energy, and money to ruining a man's career. there's just some crazy people in that group"I bit my tongue hard on that one, what I wanted to say was, "that snotty nosed cunt is ruining his own god damned career, and if he devoted as much energy and passion towards wake basketball as we do trying to get him canned then we would have been in the fucking tournament this year."

But I just went with, "well you know how people are when they love something..." He agreed and shrugged his shoulders, and continued again, "they have been having people meet with us the past few weeks and talk about all of the anti jeff and anti ron stuff thats been all over the news. and they've just been telling us to ignore it, that its not worth the distraction or wasted time worrying about it."

After hearing that I immediately wanted to delve into that more, but realized it wasn't the proper time or place to begin a full on investigation into what sounded like brainwashing (i mean really? PEOPLE have been meeting with you? who? when? where? was jeff or ron there?). So I thanked him for his business, reaffirmed my support for him and his teammates, and left the table.

Couldn't agree more with Cav. I am surprised that you think you can make a better assessment of the coach than Cav can.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more with Cav. I am surprised that you think you can make a better assessment of the coach than Cav can.

How many of the players do you think were DinoOut? Or OdomOut? Maybe some were CaldwellOut, but only because of the sheer number of players.

Players aren't good judges of coaches. I mean some legit players with legit competing offers committed to Sidney Lowe.

Players are normally too close to the situation to be objective. The objective facts lie on our side. All your side has, all Cavanaugh's side has, is blind hope that [Redacted] is some Frankenstein combination of Coach K, Dean Smith, and Tom Crean.

Back