• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

my convo with tyler cavanaugh.

i don't think they're mutually exclusive. players would be crazy to transfer out once bz is released, when the program is actually poised to progress again.

Or they'd be excited about a coach who actually know how to utilize them instead of just trying to run them off

Whatever happened to waiter-diner privilege?

Or they'd be excited about a coach who actually know how to utilize them instead of just trying to run them off

Yep- there will absoultely be no need to worry about transfers anymore once we get Enfield on board!:D

That would be a funny scenario, denying the ACC tourney champs the automatic bid because we were coached by [Redacted], and it was nationwide consensus opinion that we still had no business being there.

They would have to give wake the bid. However, they would have stuck bzz in one of the 65-68 play in games.

No, not really. He wasn't a top 100 recruit. Stillman White had offers from UNC and BYU, and he wasn't a prized recruit.

He wasn't a top-100 recruit, but he was sought after and was considered to be a break-out prospect following his AAU summer (sans-Coleman). It's not a Stillman White situation, in the slightest.

To the OP: Thanks for the insight/information

As far as TC's comments, I think it's spot on what a player should be saying. While not considered "Stars", players do have a sense of "celebrity" in the communties where they play. As one would expect, there is always a "high road" that should be taken when talking about controversial issues with a stranger. He (Tyler) would have no idea if the OP was goign to take his comments to the press, as so many people do. (side note: I imagine this is one if the things the "People" have been brought in to discuss with the players). You do not want to tarnish your reputation, nor that of your teamamtes, coaching staff, and school. Think of it as making derogatory comments about your boss, and your company and having those comments show up in the Sunday paper. How long would you last at said instituation?

Because of this thread I'm sure Tyler is getting an earful from the same WFU people he mentioned (who read this thread) about how he needs to ignore the negative publicity. Sad but true.

So Tyler, out with his family, talking to a familiar waiter, couldn't possibly be telling the truth? :rolleyes:

Whatever happened to waiter-diner privilege?

I think it was K&W v TOB that set the legal precedent, in which information including but not limited to gimpy ankles, apartment leases, mobility at the buffet line and similar data may be publicly disclosed as long as said data was not coerced with sweet tea or extra banana pudding.

Little known ruling...

Him and his family came into Mac Grill last night, (his dad is at least 7 foot tall btw), and I got a chance to talk to tyler while watching the end of the Wichita St. v. Ohio St. game. His family are all great people and it was fun talking basketball with them. Anyways, after the game I decided to approach tyler and tell him that just because most Wake fans are buzzout, some more adamant than others, it doesn't reflect our feelings towards the players and organization as a whole in the least bit and that no matter who the coach was we are proud of them and support them 100%.

His response was a small smile, and he said something like, "yeah, well if we finished every game strong we would have been above .500 and maybe even in the tourney. and we're all young and aren't good on the road. we're just gonna keep working hard and looking forward to a great season next year."

I agreed with his stance on how this season could have easily been a success, brought up Va Tech, BC, GT, Duke, Seton Hall, Uconn etc.. Then he continued, "and about all of the negative stuff about coach, the only thing that bothers the players is we just find it weird that some people are crazy enough to devote so much time, energy, and money to ruining a man's career. there's just some crazy people in that group"

I bit my tongue hard on that one, what I wanted to say was, "that snotty nosed cunt is ruining his own god damned career, and if he devoted as much energy and passion towards wake basketball as we do trying to get him canned then we would have been in the fucking tournament this year."

But I just went with, "well you know how people are when they love something..." He agreed and shrugged his shoulders, and continued again, "they have been having people meet with us the past few weeks and talk about all of the anti jeff and anti ron stuff thats been all over the news. and they've just been telling us to ignore it, that its not worth the distraction or wasted time worrying about it."
After hearing that I immediately wanted to delve into that more, but realized it wasn't the proper time or place to begin a full on investigation into what sounded like brainwashing (i mean really? PEOPLE have been meeting with you? who? when? where? was jeff or ron there?). So I thanked him for his business, reaffirmed my support for him and his teammates, and left the table.
toto-exposes-oz1.jpg

clearly i should just leave the player's name out next time, rookie mistake. i really hope the AD lackey's reading these boards don't bust his chops..

clearly i should just leave the player's name out next time, rookie mistake. i really hope the AD lackey's reading these boards don't bust his chops..

Or they could make your restaurant off limits to players. :eek:

Have you honestly never heard of toeing the company line before or something? Surely you aren't this dense.

Sure, I've heard of toeing the company line (and thank you for not spelling it "towing"), but my experience is that freshmen are pretty bad at it until they get burned a time or two. In that kind of a relaxed setting, I think the odds are that he spoke his true feelings. Sorry for not toeing the board line.

Sure, I've heard of toeing the company line (and thank you for not spelling it "towing"), but my experience is that freshmen are pretty bad at it until they get burned a time or two. In that kind of a relaxed setting, I think the odds are that he spoke his true feelings. Sorry for not toeing the board line.

Facepalm

I am proud of Tyler's response. And you know I am bzzout. He said exactly what he should have said. He is a 19 year old kid representing his university and head coach. Until he has another coach to play for he should give Bz 100% and effort.

There is a difference in being a fan and a player. If you are going to play for a school you have to have the coaches back. If at any point you cease to believe in your coach you should transfer. Fans have the benefit of seeing the program throughout time, players should only focus on their current team and making it the best team possible.

If Cav or the AD lackeys are reading this they should be proud of how the young man handled himself.

I refuse to weigh in on Tyler's actual vs. stated feelings on our coaching situation until the OP reveals what Tyler drew on his paper table "cloth" with the complimentary Crayola crayons Macaroni Grill provides to all its cherished customers.

Back