• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

name a better 1-2-3 punch from a band

Meddle>DSOTM>WYWH or
DSOTM>WYWH>Animals

Not better but equal:

Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street

U2 - The Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree & Achtung Baby.

Master of Puppets >... And Justice for All > Metallica
Appetite for Destruction > Use Your Illusion I > Use Your Illusion II :p
Blizzard of Ozz > Diary of a Madman > Bark at the Moon

Just bands?

If not, I'd nominate Stevie Wonder: Music Of My Mind, Talking Book, Innervisions, Fulfillingness' First Finale, Songs In The Key Of Life. Any three of those. Tough to beat the Who's three.
I love Steely Dan, so I'd throw in any three of Can't Buy A Thrill, Countdown to Ecstasy, Pretzel Logic, Katy Lied, Royal Scam and Aja, as well, my main three being Countdown to Katy Lied.

I'd also put The Bends, OK Computer, and Kid A.

As great as the Who were it amazes me they never had a number 1 album or single in the US.

guys lets be serious. Room 112 by 112:

Anywhere (featuring Lil Zane)
Love You Like I Did
For Awhile

Who's Next, Quadrophenia, Live At Leeds (or even the first concept album- Who Sellout)

Songs in the Key of Life, Innervisions, Talking Book

Highway 61 Revisited, Blood on the Tracks, Blonde on Blonde

Just bands?

If not, I'd nominate Stevie Wonder: Music Of My Mind, Talking Book, Innervisions, Fulfillingness' First Finale, Songs In The Key Of Life. Any three of those. Tough to beat the Who's three.
I love Steely Dan, so I'd throw in any three of Can't Buy A Thrill, Countdown to Ecstasy, Pretzel Logic, Katy Lied, Royal Scam and Aja, as well, my main three being Countdown to Katy Lied.

I'd also put The Bends, OK Computer, and Kid A.

Love Steely Dan too and I'd go with Katy Lied -Royal Scam - Aja. Royal Scam never leaves my car.

Who's Next, Quadrophenia, Live At Leeds (or even the first concept album- Who Sellout)

Songs in the Key of Life, Innervisions, Talking Book

Highway 61 Revisited, Blood on the Tracks, Blonde on Blonde

I thought by 1-2-3 that he meant in sequential order. It went Tommy, Leeds, Who's Next. (but with Leeds being a live album I could sorta see leaving it out as Milhouse did, but it is so fucking awesome it should never be left out of any conversation about the Who or rock music in general.) :cool:

Blood on the tracks is 1975

Last edited:
I thought by 1-2-3 that he meant in sequential order. It went Tommy, Leeds, Who's Next.

i did mean in order

i probably should have originally specified studio albums, but since i didn't i will accept live at leeds

Highway 61 Revisited
Blonde on Blonde
John Wesley Harding

All over the course of 1.5 years too.

Back