• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

name a better 1-2-3 punch from a band

1984, 5150, OU812

Theatre of Pain, Girls Girls Girls, Dr. Feelgood

Rage Against the Machine, Evil Empire, The Battle of Los Angeles

Led Zeppelin II, III, IV

Check Your Head, Ill Communication, Hello Nasty

Social D:
Social Distortion
Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell
While Light, White Heat, White Trash

Tool did it four in a row:
Undertow
Aenima
Lateralus
10,000 Days

1984, 5150, OU812

Theatre of Pain, Girls Girls Girls, Dr. Feelgood

Rage Against the Machine, Evil Empire, The Battle of Los Angeles

Led Zeppelin II, III, IV

Check Your Head, Ill Communication, Hello Nasty

Must be trolling

Must be trolling
I know. I would have gone with 5150, OU812 and For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. Of course as long as OU812 is included, it really doesn't matter what the other two are.

Well fine.

Permanent Waves > Moving Pictures > Signals

I know I'll get curbstomped for this, but Rush never did it for me. Much like WakeandBake says Pearl Jam is the most overrated band ever, I kinda feel the same about Rush. I totally respect their technical ability, but their music doesn't do it for me. Feel the same way about a lot of prog and metal greats that are insanely musically gifted. Just not my favorite style of music. I can listen to it and appreciate it, but don't willingly do so repeatedly.

I know. I would have gone with 5150, OU812 and For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. Of course as long as OU812 is included, it really doesn't matter what the other two are.

But then you miss out on the awesomeness of Diamond Dave.

But then you miss out on the awesomeness of Diamond Dave.

Yeah, but more importantly, you get an album that you can abbreviate to F.U.C.K. Top that The Who! Peeing on an album cover is a nice try though.

Green > Out of Time > Automatic For the People?

There are great older albums, but 3 in a row IMHO.

I don't think REM ever had three good albums in a row. I think their first three are probably the best run though: Murmur - Reckoning - Fables of the Reconstruction.

Back