• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

National Signing Day Thread 2/6

I didn't want to start a new thread for this but this isn't that guy whose mom took off with his letter of intent is it?

This class was the first class that we have had rated better than 69th in a while so if they are pulling in those classes they are recruiting better than us and playing against easier competition. Regardless of how you feel about Grobe we will NOT do much better even if YOU think we can. The man has amassed six 6+ win seasons in 12 years. We it took us 35 years to prior to him to equal that. I don't think it is going to funny if we push the man out and go back to what we were. I would rather be a 5 win team than a 1-3 win a year team.

Glad you revived this thread because I forgot to respond to this stupid crap.

Avg class ranking (scout) 07-12
Wake: 65.6
Boise St.: 57.8

For 1, our recruiting is not improving as some sunshiners would have you believe (73rd for 2 straight years, after a best 56th in 2009), for 2, lot's of teams who recruit at our level have been winning a lot more games then we have. It's time we hold Grobe to a real standard, or we just admit that he can do whatever the fuck he wants. The time for apologies and excuses, hemming and hawwing, and harking back to a time past, is over with.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this but this isn't that guy whose mom took off with his letter of intent is it?

No, that was kid from LA. I'll be interested in how Jimbo handles this one. I mean the kid clearly doesn't want to play at FSU so why keep him there other than make an example out of him so kids in future can't do this.

Glad you revived this thread because I forgot to respond to this stupid crap.

Avg class ranking (scout) 07-12
Wake: 65.6
Boise St.: 57.8

For 1, our recruiting is not improving as some sunshiners would have you believe (73rd for 2 straight years, after a best 56th in 2009), for 2, lot's of teams who recruit at our level have been winning a lot more games then we have. It's time we hold Grobe to a real standard, or we just admit that he can do whatever the fuck he wants. The time for apologies and excuses, hemming and hawwing, and harking back to a time past, is over with.

The problem appears to be sealing the deal, not identifying talent. At the draft this year, numerous guys were drafted that we were heavily involved in recruiting and came close to getting (Eifert, Cooper, Taylor). I am not sure what it would take for them to get over the hump.

Back