• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

National Signing Day Thread 2/6

As an Auburn fan, (my dad is an alum), I truthfully am glad he chose somewhere else; no sour grapes. He is a head case. Decommitting from two schools in 7 months, getting premature tattoos that now have to be altered/removed, leaving a host school in the middle of an official visit, etc. He will be lucky to qualify anywhere, (grades seem to be a big issue), so he might not even end up at Alabama. There always seems to be one recruit every season with a story fit for a soap opera and worthy of an eye roll, and we have our 2013 winner.

#butthurt

If I had to guess, I would say that we are done with the signing of Andrew Hauser. 26 signings is a lot for one class. There are a couple of kids (Watson and Okonye) that Georgia Tech has hopped on late, but I'm guessing they will still sign here.

Now if a 4 star wanted to come here I'm sure we wouldn't tell them no, but it's probably telling that we went ahead and offered Hauser today (a guy that isn't ranked by major recruiting websites).

If I had to guess, I would say that we are done with the signing of Andrew Hauser. 26 signings is a lot for one class. There are a couple of kids (Watson and Okonye) that Georgia Tech has hopped on late, but I'm guessing they will still sign here.

Now if a 4 star wanted to come here I'm sure we wouldn't tell them no, but it's probably telling that we went ahead and offered Hauser today (a guy that isn't ranked by major recruiting websites).

What about Grayson?

Looney graduated from Lake Worth High School in Florida and boasts one of the more impressive offer lists in this years class. Among those that offered include: Minnesota, South Florida, Tulane, Bowling Green, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Marshall and Middle Tennessee State.

Wait what? Looks like we have a good amount of 3*'s, but didn't have to beat a lot of bigger programs for them.

Last edited:
Looney graduated from Lake Worth High School in Florida and boasts one of the more impressive offer lists in this years class. Among those that offered include: Minnesota, South Florida, Tulane, Bowling Green, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Marshall and Middle Tennessee State.

Wait what?

Yeah, that was in my preliminary write-up and I forgot to take it out for the final piece. Appreciate it.

sdd0n29eh83jews0rjcv.jpeg

Hauser looks absolutely enormous for a high school kid, but from his video looks kind of slow to be playing LB. If we were playing a 4-3 I could see him growing into a DT but I am not sure where a 6-1 guy who is a step slow fits in the short-term. This article indicates he even played some O-line in high school http://www.insidesocal.com/sgvfootball/2012/09/18/bishop-amat-transfer-andrew-hauser-to-make-charter-oak-debut-on-thursday-vs-glendora/

sdd0n29eh83jews0rjcv.jpeg

Hauser looks absolutely enormous for a high school kid, but from his video looks kind of slow to be playing LB. If we were playing a 4-3 I could see him growing into a DT but I am not sure where a 6-1 guy who is a step slow fits in the short-term. This article indicates he even played some O-line in high school http://www.insidesocal.com/sgvfootb...ke-charter-oak-debut-on-thursday-vs-glendora/

I think you nailed it. We've got a 5-11 who is a step slow playing DT now. Maybe he's the next Nikita.

Rivals just tweeted out that there's Eric Tetlow news....

That can't be good.

Eric Kolenich ‏@EricKolenichRTD
Godwin's Eric Tetlow has de-committed from Wake Forest. He will sign with UVA, mother says. #hsxtra

Some dude on Twitter.

Ok...Eric Kolenich is a high school reporter for the Richmond Times-Dispatch and carries weight with Eric Tetlow.

Has a quote from Tetlow saying "his educational opportunities will best be served at UVA." So I guess that's that. Down to 25 if this holds up.

Tetlow had a mediocre offer sheet with some medium BCS teams in there (USF, Maryland, ECU, Pitt, Purdue, UVA, Temple).

Ok...Eric Kolenich is a high school reporter for the Richmond Times-Dispatch and carries weight with Eric Tetlow.

Has a quote from Tetlow saying "his educational opportunities will best be served at UVA." So I guess that's that. Down to 25 if this holds up.

Tetlow had a mediocre offer sheet with some medium BCS teams in there (USF, Maryland, ECU, Pitt, Purdue, UVA, Temple).

Sour grapes. From the BSD article you posted tonight:

12. Eric Tetlow (6'6", 294, 5.22 40, ***) Offensive Lineman

The 5th, 3-star O-Lineman that Coach Himebauch and the rest of the staff have landed is Eric Tetlow. His impressive offer lists includes: Arizona State, Boston College, ECU, Maryland, Navy, Pittsburgh, Purdue, South Florida, Temple and UVA. He may actually be the most sought after offensive lineman coming in, and committed to the Deacs in September (9/28/12). The entire crop of linemen will figure to be a key cog in the success of Wake Forest on the gridiron for years to come.

I am pissed we lost him outside of Helms and Harris I think he had the best chance to be a stud.

I have been hearing we may be losing a starting OL permanently to a medical condition, but I cannot verify this or say who publicly.

Is Wellman the AD? Is Grobe the head coach? Is Lobo the OC? Is Knorr the DC? Who cares?

Tyree with the first letter of the day in.

Back