• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Off-season thread: Duncan and Garnett retire

Your missing my point. He used CARTOON to try to get his top free agent. Whiteside could always get more money in Miami. But a cartoon. As your sales pitch. To an adult

Oh ok yeah that was dumb

Cleveland did the same thing when LeBron went to Miami

I think 4 yr/$70 million for Noah is good value. I think he will thrive in New York, give that team some needed emotion, both on the court and he think he will enliven the crowd. I think he pairs well with Porzingis too. Considering that the big Russion got 4/$64 from the Lakers, Noah has obviously much more upside.

I don't think that is a bad signing by the Lakers either, a position of need. The Lakers have nobody that will hurt you on defense and Mozgov is a big somewhat mobile body. Not a shot blocker but an upgrade over Hibbert who has really faded and was never an enforcer. With 28-30 minutes a game, I think Mozgov can approach 9 pts/12 boards. Also brings a level of experience the Lakers otherwise lack now.

Wade might actually go somewhere else which is sad but not as sad as the hilariously bad deal Kobe got his final years in the league

I think 4 yr/$70 million for Noah is good value. I think he will thrive in New York, give that team some needed emotion, both on the court and he think he will enliven the crowd. I think he pairs well with Porzingis too. Considering that the big Russion got 4/$64 from the Lakers, Noah has obviously much more upside.

I don't think that is a bad signing by the Lakers either, a position of need. The Lakers have nobody that will hurt you on defense and Mozgov is a big somewhat mobile body. Not a shot blocker but an upgrade over Hibbert who has really faded and was never an enforcer. With 28-30 minutes a game, I think Mozgov can approach 9 pts/12 boards. Also brings a level of experience the Lakers otherwise lack now.
This post.

Wade might actually go somewhere else which is sad but not as sad as the hilariously bad deal Kobe got his final years in the league

Kobe;s deal wouldn't have been the same had the Lakers had a chance to be contenders.

If Simmons and Saric are anywhere near as good as they are supposed to be, the Sixers would be paying $22M/year for a sub.

But they wouldn't have been able to pay him. It's too bad they couldn't give him shares in the team. As much as I don't like Kobe, he and Shaq added hundreds of millions, if not a billion, to the value of the franchise.

Makes little sense as the Knicks are estimated by Forbes to be the most valuable franchise at $3 billion and they've sucked for 10 years. The Clippers sold for $2 billion.

Your missing my point. He used CARTOON to try to get his top free agent. Whiteside could always get more money in Miami. But a cartoon. As your sales pitch. To an adult

Alleged adult.

Makes little sense as the Knicks are estimated by Forbes to be the most valuable franchise at $3 billion and they've sucked for 10 years. The Clippers sold for $2 billion.

MSG Network is part of the package that is worth $3B

So ? The Lakers have a Time Warner contract with $4 billion.

I'm not talking contract. I believe there are cross-ownership stakes.

Whatever. Doesn't matter. Everybody has a TV contract. The Knicks and the Lakers have the best ones. Shaq and Kobe didn't add a billion dollars to the value of the Lakers.

The Lakers and the Knicks are the most valuable because they're the Lakers and the Knicks.

Back