• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

The news is much better than what’s thrown around on here. Pray to god it’s true.

I don’t know where he’s going, but he’s going somewhere.

If I knew, I would post.

It would seem odd that he’d be flying to Amaker today being that he was on campus in Winston yesterday.

i have been anchored so low to the point of being SUPER CISED about bob richey, who i assume we'd only hire if mike buddie put in a strong reference.

I was suprised to hear that Lefty Driesell is consulting on the interview process. Sure he knows a lot of basketball and was a very successful coach for a very long time, but he's 88 years old.

He just posted his Wed. morning update. He had some good stuff.

Confirmed that Beilein was 100% on campus. I also have other scoop regarding Beilein that I’ve promised not to spread on the boards.

7qIYMrT.gif

Keep in mind the "in" and "out" thing is always fluid. There are countless of examples of coaching candidates declaring themselves out of a coaching search (Saban at Alabama) or even accepting the job (Kelsey at UMASS; Josh McDaniel for the Colts) and then reversing course. Until a coach is offered, accepts and signs the contract, things can change.

Why is he at Harvard? Cuz he and his wife wanted a cushy no pressure gig hobknobing with the snooty elite as members in one of the on-campus eating clubs.

This isn't Princeton, you plebian! They are FINALS CLUBS. And basketball coaches aren't invited.

But yes, dukies gonna duke

It’s bizarre that Les and Conor are receiving completing conflicting info.

Tier 2 source telling me:

Kelsey or Amaker will be announced Friday

Wes was indifferent

Forbes wasn't our guy from an academic side. He definitely would have taken job.

Back