• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New MTOW: How the Danny Manning Deal Went Down

Only now can I acknowledge how glad I am that Wake didn't end up with one or two coaches on the list of candidates who, from all accounts, are pretty much a pain to be around. But in the end, that would have been my problem, and not yours.

I WONDER WHO HE'S TALKING ABOUT YOU GUYS

#speculation

'The deal, best I can tell, went down like this. Wellman, the director of athletics who led the search, had a sit down with Manning -- presumably in North Texas, where the two headed Thursday for the Final Four festivities -- that began last night and lasted into the wee hours of this morning. From what I hear, it was around 3 a.m. when Manning accepted the job.'

credit where credit is due to wellman, IMHO

I like Dan more than most here.

But I do find it a bit amusing that this column harps so much on how tirelessly Dan worked to cover the coaching search when, in reality, he provided no scoopage the whole time.

'The deal, best I can tell, went down like this. Wellman, the director of athletics who led the search, had a sit down with Manning -- presumably in North Texas, where the two headed Thursday for the Final Four festivities -- that began last night and lasted into the wee hours of this morning. From what I hear, it was around 3 a.m. when Manning accepted the job.'

Lol. Wellman knew he was fucked, this was all in the open--let's not pretend he sealed Shaka Smart. He was desperately trying to avoid complete disaster.

Edit: I am cautiously hopeful after reading some of these articles.

Wait so who's gonna go get drunk with country dan

Sounds like they held a mediation out in Texas. 3am? Ron stayed up late with Grobe as well during the Arkansas crisis .

So Wellman won the card game?

Til 3am? That's a long blow job. It.was mostly hands by 1 I bet.

Tulsa offered him 1.2. Wake apparently offered him twice that at 2.4. No credit to Wellman. Wellman got fleeced if that report is true.

Tulsa offered him 1.2. Wake apparently offered him twice that at 2.4. No credit to Wellman. Wellman got fleeced if that report is true.

So who would you have hired, given that choices A-F apparently declined? Would you rather have a worse coach with less money? Buy cheap buy twice. 2.4 mm is essentially 40 tuition payments If he sucks as a coach, a few hundred thousand $$$ is the least of our problems

Back