• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: NFL Draft - Rams pick Goff #1

I figured it was just rain or something until I looked it up and saw it was the freaking paint. Unbelievably small time.

Honestly if someone told me that happened and I didn't know it was the NFL, I would have guessed Wake Forest...

DC Police chief,Cathy Lanier, is taking retirement to become new head of security for NFL. I suspect that is a big pay bump for her. Probably first time NFL has a woman as head of security.

Source: The Philadelphia Inquirer - Zach Berman
Philadelphia Eagles WR Rueben Randle and WR Chris Givens have failed to impress, and they could fail to make the team.
[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]
This is good news for Dorial Green-Beckham, who might end up starting by default because the Eagles outside wide receiver group is underwhelming to say the least.

Source: The Philadelphia Inquirer - Zach Berman
Philadelphia Eagles WR Rueben Randle and WR Chris Givens have failed to impress, and they could fail to make the team.

No FUCKING WAY ! I HEARD HE WAS AWESOME EVEN THOUGH HIS STATS SUCK !

that was the talk about Stephen Hill on the Panthers thread

He sucks too and I've said so in no uncertain terms. But really, Givens is not a starter quality WR in the NFL. The team that drafted him gave up on him and he's having trouble making a roster now.

And another thing ! If Campanaro cant stay healthy this year, he's definitely on the way out.

He sucks too and I've said so in no uncertain terms. But really, Givens is not a starter quality WR in the NFL. The team that drafted him gave up on him and he's having trouble making a roster now.

And another thing ! If Campanaro cant stay healthy this year, he's definitely on the way out.

agreed on everything in this post

Camp has been impressive this training camp and will be on the roster if healthy. The Ravens drafted the Navy QB to be the returner and slot WR of the future, but he's had a bad camp. And they injury waived Clay. So the job is Camp's to lose. He's listed as the #1 PR but isn't returning KOs. Looks like they're going to have 1 of their myriad of RBs returning KOs. To me, that's smart. Let Camp return punts and play him 10 plays per game on O, and that way he has a better chance to stay healthy. But he's already been nicked up here and there, though is back practicing this week.

As for Givens, he's had his chances. I liked him coming out of college, but he doesn't have it at the pro level. We had 3 WRs on IR last year and picked him up from the Rams, and he did little as Kamar Aiken led the team in receiving. Yes, that Kamar Aiken. Not sure what it is with Givens. He has nice speed. Maybe it's route running or failure to make adjustments.

Camp has been impressive this training camp and will be on the roster if healthy. The Ravens drafted the Navy QB to be the returner and slot WR of the future, but he's had a bad camp. And they injury waived Clay. So the job is Camp's to lose. He's listed as the #1 PR but isn't returning KOs. Looks like they're going to have 1 of their myriad of RBs returning KOs. To me, that's smart. Let Camp return punts and play him 10 plays per game on O, and that way he has a better chance to stay healthy. But he's already been nicked up here and there, though is back practicing this week.

As for Givens, he's had his chances. I liked him coming out of college, but he doesn't have it at the pro level. We had 3 WRs on IR last year and picked him up from the Rams, and he did little as Kamar Aiken led the team in receiving. Yes, that Kamar Aiken. Not sure what it is with Givens. He has nice speed. Maybe it's route running or failure to make adjustments.

If Camp returns kicks he'll be on the shelf by mid-season. He's basically too small for the NFL. Sure there are a few guys who can play who are his size, but by and large, they can't. So when an NFL scout says someone is too small for the NFL, they're usually right.

I can't believe Gregg Williams pulled the old, "I wouldn't do it if I didn't like you" line on Brandon Chubb. It seems like helmet radio etiquette would be something that you would go over with a rookie and let him know that he needs to look at you when you're talking so you know he hears you.

Last edited:
What does Joey Bosa realistically expect to get? Who is his representation?

Isn't Bosa getting offered both bad things on what is always an either or sitch? Delayed signing bonus AND no offset?

I can't believe Gary Williams pulled the old, "I wouldn't do it if I didn't like you" line on Brandon Chubb. It seems like helmet radio etiquette would be something that you would go over with a rookie and let him know that he needs to look at you when you're talking so you know he hears you.

the former maryland coach is now calling defensive plays or the rams? jk
the dude was scary. nice job brandon to get the wake football shirt on tv though

I can't believe Gregg Williams pulled the old, "I wouldn't do it if I didn't like you" line on Brandon Chubb. It seems like helmet radio etiquette would be something that you would go over with a rookie and let him know that he needs to look at you when you're talking so you know he hears you.

Alec Ogletree taking Chubb under his wing because he's from Georgia where all the best football players are from. Also Brandon's little bro goes to Georgia where Ogletree went so Alec wants to do right by him.

Back