• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Week 17 Thread - Falcon Elimination Day

Definitely steps down a little harder the second time but he's on his leg in the first place from being pushed back into it, never turns around, never looks down, and then it looks like rocks back and catches himself with the other foot. Knowing Suh's rep, he probably did it on purpose but it wasn't as egregious IMO as a lot of people are making it. The other view on here looks worse.

To me it was like his first step was accidental, but it "measured" his second step where he didn't need to look down because he knew where Rodgers' leg was already. I didn't have a problem with step 1, but if I feel like I just stepped on some dude's leg and I'm just casually moving, I'm not taking another step towards where the contact was made. It is inexcusable.

Really, Jim Leyritz? Really?

Josh Brent did a horrible thing and I'm sure he lives with that guilt every single day. I'm glad he was sent to prison for his crime.

Defending Suh in order to "get a shot in" at the Cowboys.

2&2s idiocy has jumped the shark.

Is this how AFC seeding turns out with Cincy/Pittsburgh winning tonight?

Edit - nevermind, I see now that winner gets 3 seed and loser gets 5 seed.

Last edited:
Winner is 3. Loser is 5. Everything else is already set.

Only a tie would move Indy up.

Saturday
Arizona-Carolina 4:30pm
Steelers (vs. Ravens or @Colts) 8pm

Sunday
Bengals (vs. Ravens or @Colts) 1pm
Detroit-Dallas 4:30pm

Late game on Sunday for AMERICA'S TEAM

I'll clear my schedule. USA! USA! USA! USA!

Saving the best for last. The NFL isn't run by fools. They know what's up.

DEZZZZZZZ. He's what's up.

He certainly has, but at some point, when he continues to disrespect the game and be a menace to players, how much can we say he has learned from those fines?

If he is doing something wrong that he should be learning from, then the League should punish him by more than just fines. Fines don't deter NFL players from anything. Was Josh Brent fined for killing his teammate?

He got a two game suspension last time and I wouldn't be surprised if he got another one.

If he is doing something wrong that he should be learning from, then the League should punish him by more than just fines. Fines don't deter NFL players from anything. Was Josh Brent fined for killing his teammate?

Suh has been suspended. Brent was fined $10,000 and was out of the league for almost two years. I cannot comprehend how you can compare the two situations.

I'm not comparing them at all, in fact quite the opposite. DV7, in his usual assholish way, called Suh a disgrace. Just curious how someone whose transgressions appear to be limited to acting in a similar way to DV7 can be considered a disgrace, while the team that he roots for is rolling out a convicted killer on a weekly basis (present injury notwithstanding).

He went to jail for 180 days. Yeah, he was punished for his crime.

And killing somebody unintentionally but via huge recklessness and the supreme stupidity of drunken driving is so much worse than what Suh did by intentionally stepping on another player's leg. Nobody is arguing otherwise. What Josh Brent did was awful and he killed a very good friend of his as a result.

The fact that you, a fucking cunt -- that has an homage to Jim Leyritz in his avatar -- is now trying to throw out moral superiority when it comes to DUIs is very fucking pathetic. You worship a guy that killed 2 people after driving while drunk. Maybe this isn't the topic you should be passing moral judgement upon?

Maybe sit a few plays out 2&2. Like the Giants for the next half a year or so.

Back