• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2023. Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LVIII. Defeat 49ers in Overtime. 25-22.

Awful mistake by Love…one of his few tonight but awful never the less
And it’s obvious the Niners are not the same team with out Deebo
Pack missed FG was a turning point.

He looks like ass. Is he actually any good or does he just have the best skills players int he league around him?
Regardless of how he looks, dude is going to be the starter in the conference championship game for the second straight year, in his second season in the league. Has any other quarterback done that (genuine question, don’t know the answer)?

Regardless of how he looks, dude is going to be the starter in the conference championship game for the second straight year, in his second season in the league. Has any other quarterback done that (genuine question, don’t know the answer)?
Purdy never freaks out and doesn't do stupid shit trying to force a play.

I wish Dak could do that and not believe the hype in him. Just relax and let the actually skilled players play. Stop trying to be super human.

It will be interesting to see if Purdy changes once he gets a big contract and if, IF, that impacts his self-perception.

No deebo shouldn't be an excuse

Still have cmc, kittle, and aiyuk

Mahomes didn’t play his first season, but has been to AFC championships all 5 seasons he has played. Tonight will be interesting as he has never been on the road.

Mahomes didn’t play his first season, but has been to AFC championships all 5 seasons he has played. Tonight will be interesting as he has never been on the road.
Remember that great and firey debate going into the 2017 draft about who would be the more successful QB Trubisky or Mahomes? No? Me either.

I don’t understand the Brock haters at all. Seems like every bad throw is amplified/magnified. I mean I get it that experts hate they missed so bad on him but still. For a rookie(basically) qb making league minimum, he seems to get treatment that the elite veterans get. He takes it well though.

I don’t understand the Brock haters at all. Seems like every bad throw is amplified/magnified. I mean I get it that experts hate they missed so bad on him but still. For a rookie(basically) qb making league minimum, he seems to get treatment that the elite veterans get. He takes it well though.
Brock’s problem is that people like to have their biases confirmed, and a 7th round pick isn’t supposed to be good. It reinforces the idea that these NFL experts making millions really are just guessing most of the time, which calls into question their so called expertise. They are going to want to magnify his shortcomings because it makes them look less wrong.

Brock’s problem is that people like to have their biases confirmed, and a 7th round pick isn’t supposed to be good. It reinforces the idea that these NFL experts making millions really are just guessing most of the time, which calls into question their so called expertise. They are going to want to magnify his shortcomings because it makes them look less wrong.
Agree. People seem to forget Jordan Love has been learning for 5 years mostly behind a Hall-of-Famer. Also, I realize i'm the old guy in the room but most don't remember the 3 interceptions that Joe Cool threw in the NFC Championship before "The Catch". I wonder how today's media would have labeled that performance?

The dude was the last pick in the last round of an NFL Draft. Of course people are going to look at him sideways. I have no dog in the fight and even I go thru periods of not trusting him, waiting for him to do something stupid. Fact is, he rarely does. We learned last night he doesn't throw a wet football well. Likely not a factor for the balance of the Season and something I'm sure he'll work on in the off season. He may barely be in the top 10 of NFL QB's but I'd take him on my Team tomorrow.

I'm not a Purdy lover or hater. He has played great in all but 5 games this year - the 3 games w/o Williams and Deebo, the Ravens game and last night. He threw the ball inaccurately last night and could have been picked 2-3 times. And he was out-dueled by Love most of the night with Love playing on the weaker team. But then Love wasn't up for the moment on the last drive - dude, it's 1st down, not 4th, throw it away and live to fight another down. Not sure whether it was the pouring rain or last night essentially being Purdy's 1st playoff game, and he had the jitters. But if he plays like that again against the Lions, Detroit should get to its 1st SB. I think 1 of the reasons why Purdy is so good is he plays behind a great OL with maybe the best RB, 2 WR and TE combo in the game, and he's coached by Shanahan. Then again, Lance couldn't thrive when he had multiple chances to win that job, so I give Purdy a good deal of credit for playing as well as he has. But last night was a chink in the armor.

Purdy had the best throw of the game last night and possibly the playoffs so far where he fit it in perfectly between three defenders so there’s also that.

Back