• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Just something off with canes this season. They are a good side, but not to the quality we have seen recently.

I've never seen a starting keeper finish the full game with more goals allowed than saves. Wild stuff.
didnt watch but why would Rod leave him in to finish that game? Brutal. Need Svetch to start finding the back of the net.

I think pyotr’s confidence is a bit fragile. Maybe he didn’t want to risk damage there?

didnt watch but why would Rod leave him in to finish that game? Brutal. Need Svetch to start finding the back of the net.
Kooch is very important to this team right now. Rod said we’ve already had to put him in this relief spot too many times and he didn’t want to bring him in again when the game was already decided. I’d rather him have confidence going into Sunday.

What a depressing game. Felt amazing after the 1st, and then just utter dejection after that.

HTTD, I fully expect the trade to benefit you by miles. Lehkonen will come back, Nichuskin will disappear, and Hughes will get back into rhythm and start dropping layups to Toffoli. Oh, and Tkachuk will return to his 109 point form from last year while Scheifele gets injured.

I had another trade in mind, but I couldn't pull the trigger.

I was reading some fantasy trade stuff online last night, and happened upon a reddit post talking about hockey trades IRL. It was on a Boston subreddit asking whether they should try to trade Ullmark for Forward help. Most said it would be stupid to disrupt the goalie tandem that got them the President's Trophy last year and has them with the best record in the NHL so far due to the tandem/alternating/rest aspect of the guys in net and the fact that their #3 guy is not good enough to be backup as he's not performing in the AHL as it is.

They also said Ullmark has a 16-team No Trade Clause and that they doubt any team that would be willing to trade away a Top 6 F would not be on his NTC list or be good enough to be a contender that Ullmark would want to go to.

My question is....

Would Boston be interested in any of our guys in exchange for Ullmark, and would they be considered "good enough" to benefit Boston's Top 6?

I checked and the "Top 6" players with contracts under Ullmark's 5 million aav number are Jarvis, Necas, Teravainen, Bunting and Kotkaniemi.

I feel like any one of those would be beneficial to Boston, but I have a feeling they'd all consider them beneath their dominant team. They also prefer a Center which would narrow it down to Necas/KK I think, or can Turbo play at Center?

I know that KK wouldn't be an option because of the 8 year contract he signed, that would just be stupid.

But would someone like Necas be enough to tempt Boston to trade?

I say this knowing that it's not going to happen and Boston would be stupid as hell to get rid of the best goalie tandem in the league and what probably is the reason they have been winning so many games recently.

But would either side pull the trigger on one of those deals? I think if you put Ullmark on this team, we'd be much, much, much better. But who knows if he could hold up being in net almost every night or if we'd be willing to give away ANY forward depth as that is what we need the most and what we need to be adding, not subtracting.

Thoughts?

That’s quite a final score. Went to bed after 2nd period hoping they could put up a better effort in the 3rd. Def had a bad feeling about raanta on those three PP goals though, he looked out of position big time.

The Blue Jackets are coming to Raleigh on a heater. After losing 9 straight games, they have back to back wins over the Blackhawks and Devils. Johnny hockey seems to be awakening and they're actually playing defense for the moment.

That being said, after the Canes lost the way they did last night, I'm expecting a long night for my CBJ on Sunday.

What a depressing game. Felt amazing after the 1st, and then just utter dejection after that.

HTTD, I fully expect the trade to benefit you by miles. Lehkonen will come back, Nichuskin will disappear, and Hughes will get back into rhythm and start dropping layups to Toffoli. Oh, and Tkachuk will return to his 109 point form from last year while Scheifele gets injured.

:facepalm::ROFLMAO:

Couldn't pull Alice today:

Puckdoku Game 148 - 8/9:

236 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩

The Blue Jackets are coming to Raleigh on a heater. After losing 9 straight games, they have back to back wins over the Blackhawks and Devils. Johnny hockey seems to be awakening and they're actually playing defense for the moment.

That being said, after the Canes lost the way they did last night, I'm expecting a long night for my CBJ on Sunday.

What's going on with Laine? The healthy scratches are piling up.

I checked the score earlier and it was 2-1 Jackets Mid 3rd. Canes had 33 shots. Wasn’t looking like a W. Glad to hear Svech finally scored. Hopefully this gets him going.

Tough loss, but I was really impressed. Honestly surprised how pesky you guys were.

Like Tripp said, the entire game hinged on Jesper Fast and his shot that Tripp said he intended to get an O-Zone faceoff, shortly after that we get the first goal, then the 2nd sneaks in and we are rolling.

It was amazing that Svech got a puck to the ear and then was stunned for a second and then realized it was a breakaway and then zoomed down the ice to receive a no-look pass from Aho and scored the winner.

What a great finish!!!

What's going on with Laine? The healthy scratches are piling up.
Laine was only healthy scratched once, but it was the first time since his rookie season. He got blasted on a cheap shot in an early game against Calgary. He was out for a couple weeks with what I would speculate as concussive symptoms. He hasn't done much of anything since he returned. Coach wanted to get his attention because most of the roster is underperforming. Johnny Hockey had a night in the press box as well. Lots of vets have been healthy scratched in order to establish some accountability in the room. As a CBJ fan, I'm not mad at it.

Tough loss, but I was really impressed. Honestly surprised how pesky you guys were.

Like Tripp said, the entire game hinged on Jesper Fast and his shot that Tripp said he intended to get an O-Zone faceoff, shortly after that we get the first goal, then the 2nd sneaks in and we are rolling.

It was amazing that Svech got a puck to the ear and then was stunned for a second and then realized it was a breakaway and then zoomed down the ice to receive a no-look pass from Aho and scored the winner.

What a great finish!!!
Thanks for the kind words Oblong. This game is par for the course for the CBJ. It's a really young team adjusting to a new coach after the Mike Babcock debacle. They're dealing with a brand new system and a lot of new faces. They're getting a lot of "moral wins," but they still haven't figured out how to close our games like these.

Carolina played like a contender tonight. I hope to be watching these Canes in May and June.

Back