• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

The NHL is adding Thursday night to the All-Star event in February and bringing back the "Fantasy Draft" format of past All-Star events to replace the division vs division format of previous years:

Some interesting tidbits here

Also adding a 3-on-3 showcase for the Women's League, revamping the Skills Contest to be more focused on Skills as opposed to things like the dunk tank from last year.

Looks like a lot of fun changes and will be exciting to watch!

Thanks for the kind words Oblong. This game is par for the course for the CBJ. It's a really young team adjusting to a new coach after the Mike Babcock debacle. They're dealing with a brand new system and a lot of new faces. They're getting a lot of "moral wins," but they still haven't figured out how to close our games like these.

Carolina played like a contender tonight. I hope to be watching these Canes in May and June.

Nice blowout win against the league-leading Bruins tonight! (It's still not over, but there's no way the B's come back from 5-1 down with 3 minutes left).

Nice blowout win against the league-leading Bruins tonight! (It's still not over, but there's no way the B's come back from 5-1 down with 3 minutes left).
That's three wins in the last four games for the CBJ. Maybe they really learned something from their collapse in Raleigh.

What is going on?
All kinds of rumors over the last few days that he slept with Connor Bedard's mom, then it comes out that Bedard hates it in Chicago, the Blackhawks actually give the rumor oxygen by denying it, then they announce that Perry is gone but won't say why.

Oof, I’m not sure how the NHL works, could Bedard do anything to get out of Chicago?

Wow, the fact that literally no one is reporting what happened, and all the rumors out there makes it ripe for speculation and that's ALWAYS going to get into the salacious side of things.

But the dude said it did not have anything to do with any players or their families and anyone saying otherwise is disgusting.

The broadcast of the Canes game 1st Intermission said it involved another employee of the organization.

Sexual harassment or something?...IDK.

Also, anyone mentioned that Patrick Kane has signed with Detroit? Interesting signing. Where will he play? Seems like they are doing well with their current lineup, and Kane has said he doesn't mind NOT playing on the Power Play, but everyone is saying they wouldn't have signed him if not for that.

Not that the Canes have been bad to start the season by any stretch at 13-8, but I'm hoping that 8-2 beatdown to Tampa, and the comeback win over Columbus is spurring us to get back where we were last year.

Comfortably in 2nd in the Metro behind the red hot Rags, with the Caps 4 back with 3 games in hand (unbalanced scheduling early in the NHL season continues to baffle me).

I still think the revolving door at goalie and our suspect defense is problematic, but that can be fixed as the year goes along I suppose.

Wow, the fact that literally no one is reporting what happened, and all the rumors out there makes it ripe for speculation and that's ALWAYS going to get into the salacious side of things.

But the dude said it did not have anything to do with any players or their families and anyone saying otherwise is disgusting.

The broadcast of the Canes game 1st Intermission said it involved another employee of the organization.

Sexual harassment or something?...IDK.

Also, anyone mentioned that Patrick Kane has signed with Detroit? Interesting signing. Where will he play? Seems like they are doing well with their current lineup, and Kane has said he doesn't mind NOT playing on the Power Play, but everyone is saying they wouldn't have signed him if not for that.

Abby Labar make her way to Chicago?

Oof, I’m not sure how the NHL works, could Bedard do anything to get out of Chicago?
See Dubois, Pierre-Luc or Carter, Jeff. Both these guys just basically quit on their teams and made things really uncomfortable in the room to the point that the possibility of them staying was untenable. If Bedard were to exhibit some of that same behavior, I'm sure there would be 31 other teams just waiting to offer the 'Hawks a king's ransom for him. That being said, I don't see him doing that.

seen a ton rumors about perry/bedard's mom, but haven't seen any "bedard is unhappy in chicago"

link?

Back