• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIKITA WHITLOCK: waived / injury

I was surprised the Giants didn't use the old school running formation with Nikita leading Jennings for one or two plays. Then do the old switcheroo and actually hand it to Nikita.

The third down throw was a really bad play call. Running one more time, even with little or no gain takes another 40 seconds off the clock. That would have cut the Cowboys time to score in half. That would have virtually eliminated the middle of the field as available space.

I was surprised the Giants didn't use the old school running formation with Nikita leading Jennings for one or two plays. Then do the old switcheroo and actually hand it to Nikita.

The third down throw was a really bad play call. Running one more time, even with little or no gain takes another 40 seconds off the clock. That would have cut the Cowboys time to score in half. That would have virtually eliminated the middle of the field as available space.

Or even tell Eli if the throw isn't wide open just take a slide to keep the clock running instead of throwing it away. I mean yes the Giants defense should've been able to hold Dallas with just over a minute and no time outs, but by throwing the ball and stopping the clock they left enough time where it was possible.

"Whitlock had nine snaps at tackle to go along with his 20 on special teams and 14 at fullback." #oldschool

Guy is a gamer. Working his butt off anyway he can to stick in the league. His work ethic and fight are inspiring

'When they put me in next time, hopefully I'll get a sack instead of a hit'

Gotta love it!

That's amazing. He still gets pressure but he looks minuscule. He's like that tiny linebacker from Madden.

OL have to be so pissed off when he blows by them. How the hell is a fat fuck at OG supposed to get off the blocks fast enough to block him?

I had to look it up - according to official height and weight he's almost six inches shorter than Kirk Cousins and weighs about 50 pounds more. Dude must be solid muscle.

Yep

Nikita was the second highest rated defensive player on the Giants last night by PFF with a +2.1, and had the third highest defensive grade in the game.

Not sure if anyone else saw it, but a play or two after the spin move he smoked out a screen pass and stopped the RB for no gain. CBS had cut away to show a replay, so missed most of the play and by the time they got back he was getting up from the tackle,

Last edited:
Yep. That was a great play. Watched it several times.

I just e mailed Energizer Battery about Nikita. Can't wait to see the commercial ! !

Back