• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIKITA WHITLOCK: waived / injury

From the Newsday article, it looks like he may get more time in the DT rotation:

"He's legitimate," Giants head coach Tom Coughlin said on Friday. "He's a tremendous energy player who's very quick, very difficult for these offensive lineman to just be in position and stay with because he does have the spin moves and the acceleration and those types of things. In a limited capacity, he is an excellent change of pace, and you saw that he can generate some pressure."

Also, my Giants #49 Whitlock jersey is finally on its way. I'll post a pic or two when it gets here if I can figure out how.

Also, my Giants #49 Whitlock jersey is finally on its way. I'll post a pic or two when it gets here if I can figure out how.

thumb.aspx

Another Nikita story...this one is really good. A lot of discussion about Wake plus extensive quotes from former Wake coach Ray McCartney and from Jim Grobe. The stories about Rick Trickett at FSU are great.

http://nypost.com/2015/09/26/meet-the-giants-do-it-all-secret-weapon-a-coach-dreams-about/

As a fullback, McCartney figures Whitlock will “knock people on their ass.’’ As an NFL defensive lineman, Whitlock is so short it could work to his advantage.
“Just like in baseball throwing the changeup,’’ McCartney said. “You can try to block the big behemoths the Giants got, and all of a sudden you bring this little guy in there and he’s running around you so fast you’re blinking, you’re like, ‘Oh my God, what just happened?’ ”
Nikita Whitlock just happened.

Another Nikita story...this one is really good. A lot of discussion about Wake plus extensive quotes from former Wake coach Ray McCartney and from Jim Grobe. The stories about Rick Trickett at FSU are great.

http://nypost.com/2015/09/26/meet-the-giants-do-it-all-secret-weapon-a-coach-dreams-about/

As a fullback, McCartney figures Whitlock will “knock people on their ass.’’ As an NFL defensive lineman, Whitlock is so short it could work to his advantage.
“Just like in baseball throwing the changeup,’’ McCartney said. “You can try to block the big behemoths the Giants got, and all of a sudden you bring this little guy in there and he’s running around you so fast you’re blinking, you’re like, ‘Oh my God, what just happened?’ ”
Nikita Whitlock just happened

Great article.
Nikita couldn't be in a better city than the Big Apple to get major press.
Predicting many stories about him this year.
How can anyone not love a little guy that runs circles around giants?

Nikita Whitlock just happened.

This is a great story about the FSU O-line coach.

He did not even make the trip to Tallahassee, but that did not stop Trickett from seeing Whitlock-sized ghosts. He ran up to McCartney before the game, grabbed him by the throat and demanded “Where the f–k is he?’’ Trickett searched the bus, searched the locker room, sure Whitlock was going to appear to abuse the Seminoles offensive linemen.
“I know you’ll bring out that little m-fer because we can’t block him and you’re just hiding him,’’ Trickett said.

He was getting double-teamed that entire last drive, and they still couldn't contain him.

And my jersey has been sitting on a local FedEx truck somewhere since Thursday. Damn weather.

Move over Chuck Norris, Nikita Whitlock is the baddest man on the planet. The boogie man might check his closet for Chuck Norris before going to bed, but Chuck Norris checks his closet for Nikita Whitlock before going to bed.

He was getting double-teamed that entire last drive, and they still couldn't contain him.

And my jersey has been sitting on a local FedEx truck somewhere since Thursday. Damn weather.

Nikita seems to be able to play in a 4-3 defense as well. Good to know.

Nikita seems to be able to play in a 4-3 defense as well. Good to know.

They were moving him around a bit. He rushed from both DT spots, and at one point he lined up at LDE, though I think he switched out of that before the snap. The Giants' pass rush fucking blows without JPP, everyone seems to be coming around to the idea that Nikita is the next best rusher. Hopefully he'll start to get in there before end-of-game scenarios.

This really is amazing. Too small for major college football, becomes All-ACC. Too small for NFL becomes special team player and full-back, and now he is working his way back to his natural position---a D-lineman in the NFL!

If this continues to develope, it ought to become a movie. It's better than fiction.

If Coughlin gives Nikita a carry from the 1 on a fullback smash, he'll instantly become my favorite NFL coach of all time.

Back