• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIT 2024: Next in a Long Line of Basketball Disappointments

Depends on the players. I like think Forbes would do better with the higher end Manning players like Collins, Dinos, Crawford, Moore, Sarr, Brown, and some others. But I have little confidence Forbes could have coached those players to a better performance down the stretch and in the ACCT.
I think Crawford would have done better under Forbes. I'm not certain about big guys. Forbes seems to be good at ball dominant guards. Problem is that isn't enough.

LaRavia is the guy that's a bit different under Forbes that did develop. Not a traditional big. More of a SF/PF. And maybe that's the difference. He could get the ball further out and be fine. Carr is good but I also think we probably should have featured him more in other games. He's probably almost undervalued in Forbes' offense because we just sometimes don't get him the ball.

We also have to stop having Efton/Marsh double team at top of key. We give up a layup every time we do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anything, the coaching is worse. I think Buzz at least knew what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hadn’t really given thought, but unfortunately probably right as Bzz’s talent was horrific and guessing he could have schemed much better with Forbes better talent.

Anyone else see Keller catch a pass from Reid under the basket and, despite being unguarded, he pump faked nobody and then missed a rushed jump shot?

I was at the game. To me it looked like Keller hurt his ankle or knee within 20 seconds of entering the game

People still buy this idea that [Redacted] was a great Xs and Os coach.

People being head coaches in the nba. He was a good x and o coach. He was just an awful communicator, motivator, and connector. All of those characteristics being infinitely more important than scheme in college basketball. Get superior talent and you’ll get chances to win more often than not.

The question of Forbes winning with manning or bz’s talent is dumb because you want to have better talent that than. It’s also dumb to think bz could scheme up success with talent because he’s not charismatic enough to get talent.

I think Forbes deserves another year but if we don’t make the tourney next year with the core of our team back (less Sallis) then I will also be in the Forbes out camp. I would hope he would be willing to look at every aspect of the program this offseason and figure out what needs to be improved. He seems to me like a super competitive guy and I have to think he feels like this year was just not acceptable.

Back