• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIT 2024: Next in a Long Line of Basketball Disappointments

I got the presale email from Wake telling me to hurry and buy tickets before they are available to the general public 9:00 am Monday, but the link goes to a website that says “No Events Currently on Sale” so either Wake messed something up or I’ve been kicked out of the Deacon Club.
Link is working now.

Indianapolis is only 2 hours away from Dayton. If Wake makes it to Indianapolis I will drive over there to see the games and support them. Like every Deacon fan I am disappointed that we didn't make it to the NCAA tournament. But I will take every opportunity I can to go see them play if they are anywhere near here. I would love to see Ohio State have to go to Winston-Salem to play Wake and get curbstomped!!

I don't know if you're a bad parody or just a one-issue poster, but you're having the PETA effect on me. I generally favor animal rights but PETA's approach makes me want to eat some bunnies and whatnot. It convinces no one while annoying the crap out of those who could otherwise be persuaded to join the cause.

If I give $1000 to the WFU NIL (since I know you'll wonder, it would be in addition to a prior contribution), will you promise not to drag this tired and annoying shtick out for a year?

You must be new here.

Wake doesn't lose games in the Mecca.

I just hope that we don't have a contract with a soprano group or some other silliness preventing three home games.

Just bought my two tickets. Got the same seats as my season tickets. Donated to the Deacon Club as well, but it wasn't clear if it was tied to my season ticket account. Guess I can call and get that worked out on the back end.

I got the presale email from Wake telling me to hurry and buy tickets before they are available to the general public 9:00 am Monday, but the link goes to a website that says “No Events Currently on Sale” so either Wake messed something up or I’ve been kicked out of the Deacon Club.

Not for us.

Screenshot_20240318_091343_Chrome.jpg

Name a thing WF does worse. Wait, don't.

I remember after we won the NIT about 20 years ago, a smart ass colleague said to me “congrats on being the 65th best team” his body still hasn’t been found :)
The one bright side now is that winning it would mean we are #69. Which in many ways is better than being #1.

Good opportunity for us to get Georgia at home and VA Tech at home to exact revenge for those losses. I don't think a 22-11 Wake is outside looking in if we win those two.

Lowers between the baskets are basically sold out. Either Wake fans are really excited to host an NIT game or there will be a ton of App State fans there.

I don't know if you're a bad parody or just a one-issue poster, but you're having the PETA effect on me. I generally favor animal rights but PETA's approach makes me want to eat some bunnies and whatnot. It convinces no one while annoying the crap out of those who could otherwise be persuaded to join the cause.

If I give $1000 to the WFU NIL (since I know you'll wonder, it would be in addition to a prior contribution), will you promise not to drag this tired and annoying shtick out for a year?

I'm honored, Kent Newsome. Had no idea my "why don't you bet money on the game outcomes if so confident Wake will lose" post would be so triggering to you.

But according to board bylaws, you must post proof of the prior $1,000 NIL contribution or it didn't happen. Sorry about that but I don't make the rules around here.

Here's my proposal: Will happily retire the Col Angus handle If you and some of the other ogboard'ers who post quite often yet allegedly don't really care about Wake athletics can raise $10,000 for Wake NIL. And it can come from multiple posters (i.e. 100 posters each giving $100) as this isn't all on your narrow shoulders.

Do we have a deal?

Lowers between the baskets are basically sold out. Either Wake fans are really excited to host an NIT game or there will be a ton of App State fans there.
There's going to be a ton of App St fans there. They have a tremendous chip on their shoulder when it comes to Wake Forest.

Back