• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama the Racist

To show the racism, Black History month is the shortest month of the year.

In 1926 Harvard professor and son of former slaves Dr. Carter G. Woodson instituted Negro History Week to highlight contributions to society by black people. Woodson selected the second week in February to honor the birthdays of noted supporters of the black race, Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln. Negro History Week was later extended to Black History Month (still in February).

Last edited:
That's total bullshit. Everyone knows that originally it was the second week of february because white people could immerse themselves in valentines day and not have to pay attention to black people this week. Kind of a short wekek in a short month approach.

The second week in August was under consideration but too many white people were on vacation, and we wanted to make sure the kids got a month off from conventional history in school.

This is the most perplexing thing I've seen regarding Obama and Race. It is very interesting. I encourage all of you to peruse the content of this short film.

Seriously though, is this video racist? It's made by African-Americans but it perpetuates all of the negative stereotypes.

That video is just an embarrassment.

The way to overcome racism is not by "not talking about it". I'm not saying that the celebration of Black History Month will lead to a post-racial society, but by avoiding a public discussion of race we are doing our country a terrible disservice.

The point he is making is we need to start looking at each other as individual people and stop defining each other by race. Instead of a black man or a white man, it is a man, or more specifically it is a person with a name.

The point he is making is we need to start looking at each other as individual people and stop defining each other by race. Instead of a black man or a white man, it is a man, or more specifically it is a person with a name.

Why are these mutually exclusive? It's a much larger problem is somehow a "black man" is not considered an individual person.

Why are these mutually exclusive? It's a much larger problem is somehow a "black man" is not considered an individual person.

I was commenting on Freeman's point being made to Mike Wallace at the end of the ad about how to deal with racism. Not saying I agree or disagree, but that was how i interpreted Freeman's comments.

To redesign social systems we need first to acknowledge their colossal unseen dimensions. The silences and denials surrounding privilege are the key political tool here. They keep the thinking about equality or equity incomplete, protecting unearned advantage and conferred dominance by making these taboo subjects. Most talk by whites about equal opportunity seems to me now to be about equal opportunity to try to get into a position of dominance while denying that systems of dominance exist.

It seems to me that obliviousness about white advantage, like obliviousness about male advantage, is kept strongly inculturated in the United States so as to maintain the myth of meritocracy the myth that democratic choice is equally available to all. Keeping most people unaware that freedom of confident action is there for just a small number of people props up those in power, and serves to keep power in the hands of the same groups that have most of it already.

-Peggy McIntosh in "White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack"

Last edited:
I would request that next time someone neg reps me by calling me a racist that they at least sign the neg rep. I have no problem with being negrepped. I have a huge problem with someone calling me a racist. Sorry for the side note to this awesome thread :), but I don't appreciate anonymous racist labels. If you aren't man/woman enough to sign a message board neg rep you are pathetic. What am I going to do if you sign it? Neg Rep you back? Oooooooooo the horror.

Anyway could the mods make every reputation point signed no matter what (positive or negative?). I don't like being anonymously called untrue names. It is the principle of the matter.

As an interesting sidenote. Morgan lives in Charleston, MS and is good friends with my uncle. Lives in a community of 10,000-12,000 in rural Mississippi just because he likes the people. Most of his friends are rural white Mississippians. Not making any conclusions based on that information, just find it interesting. He grew up in Greenwood, MS and now lives 25 minutes north of there in Charleston.

Guy is a very interesting person and very down to earth. Interacts with normal people (like me) much like a normal person, and not someone who makes 1m for a 30 sec commercial voice over.

That's weird of you to say because he is one of the most prolific voice over actors alive. His voice is on a bunch of stuff.

What's weird about it? He said that in his post.

"Interacts with normal people (like me) much like a normal person, and not someone who makes 1m for a 30 sec commercial voice over."

Back