• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama's air strike plans in disarray after Britain rejects use of force in Syria

After that last comment BKF has been disabled for the foreseeable future. It really helps the fluidity of these threads when you aren't constantly sidetracked by rants about W. I would highly recommend it Racer. Because it is a BRILLIANT idea to launch bombs without considering the consequences.

It is truly ironic (and I think I am using that correctly and not in an Alanis Morrisette way) that these threads are filled with rants against Bush for getting us involved in the quagmire of Iraq, and at the EXACT same time these rants are being directed against people who are begging our government NOT to get us involved in another quagmire in the Middle East. I can't figure it out. It is complete blindness.

Person A: 'We don't want another Iraq, lets stay out of the Middle East'
Person B: 'You should have said that 10 years ago when Bush was screwing over our country by getting us involved. Lets go to WAR!'

Confusion......

Last edited:
Hey guys have you heard about this American president names George W Bush? I was wondering if anyone can tell me more about him?

Hey guys have you heard about this American president names George W Bush? I was wondering if anyone can tell me more about him?

GB-mission-accomplished.jpg

You guys do realize that it is your own fault for the threads going off the rails. If you would just ignore the moronic statements of BKF and his more senile brother RJ, you could have a discussion. That is a matter of historical FACT!

I figure since this has turned into a blame bush session, that this video would be appropriate. Man that guy was hilarious.

There's an old saying in Texas....

You guys do realize that it is your own fault for the threads going off the rails. If you would just ignore the moronic statements of BKF and his more senile brother RJ, you could have a discussion. That is a matter of historical FACT!

Exactly this. I can tolerate RJ, but as soon as I see BKF on a thread on this board, I'm finished. Regardless of the thread topic, BKF will use it as an opportunity to rant about Bush. Every. Single. Time.

Well this is embarrassing; turns out that pro-war Op-Ed writer cited by McCain and Kerry works for a rebel group.
A Wall Street Journal op-ed cited this week by both Secretary of State John Kerry and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) has drawn scrutiny for not disclosing writer Elizabeth O'Bagy's ties to a Syrian rebel advocacy group.

On Thursday, The Daily Caller examined O'Bagy's role as political director for the Syria Emergency Task Force, a group that has lobbied the White House and Congress to support the rebels. O'Bagy told The Daily Caller that she is not a salaried employee, but serves as a paid contractor.

Journalist Laura Rozen questioned Friday why the Journal op-ed -- which was published a week ago online and in Saturday's print edition -- did not identify O'Bagy's affiliation with the group.

The Huffington Post contacted the Journal on Friday and was told the paper would not comment on op-ed's lack of disclosure. But shortly thereafter, a clarification was added to the piece: "In addition to her role at the Institute for the Study of War, Ms. O'Bagy is affiliated with the Syrian Emergency Task Force, a nonprofit operating as a 501(c)(3) pending IRS approval that subcontracts with the U.S. and British governments to provide aid to the Syrian opposition."

O’Bagy, a senior analyst for the Institute for the Study of War who has traveled extensively with rebel forces, wrote in the op-ed that “contrary to many media accounts, the war in Syria is not being waged entirely, or even predominantly, by dangerous Islamists and al Qaeda die-hards.”

Both Kerry and McCain noted O'Bagy's findings in addressing Congress' concerns over whether the Syrian rebels can be trusted.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/06/wall-street-journal-syria-elizabeth-obagy_n_3881477.html?1378494556

We
Comparing 9/11 to what happened in Syria is insane. It's stupefying anyone would ever compare the two.

Okay forget about Bush and forget about 9/11.
Are you not mildly surprised by Obama's lack of success in building an international coalition?
100,000 Syrians dead; 1,400 by chemical weapons. Is atrocity not the right word?

This would not be the first time US Presidential leadership swayed the world. What happened to the Obama of 2008? Mirage?

We

Okay forget about Bush and forget about 9/11.
Are you not mildly surprised by Obama's lack of success in building an international coalition?
100,000 Syrians dead; 1,400 by chemical weapons. Is atrocity not the right word?

This would not be the first time US Presidential leadership swayed the world. What happened to the Obama of 2008? Mirage?

Other countries and our own populace aren't forgetting Bush, 9/11, Iraq, or Afghanistan, hence the difficulty of getting them to trust the U.S. Government again.

Other countries and our own populace aren't forgetting Bush, 9/11, Iraq, or Afghanistan, hence the difficulty of getting them to trust the U.S. Government again.

Many, including me, thought Obama would transcend Bush on the international stage. Is it really the fault of Bush that this didn't happen?

Many, including me, thought Obama would transcend Bush on the international stage. Is it really the fault of Bush that this didn't happen?

A US President being unable to sell other countries and citizens on repeating behavior they were burned by in the not too distant past? Fault, meh, debateable; impact, certainly

Apparently Obama called Putin a "jackass" today at a G20 Press Conference.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blo...s-obama-calls-putin-a-jackass.html#entry-more

ST. PETERSBURG (The Borowitz Report)—Hopes for a positive G20 summit crumbled today as President Obama blurted to Russia’s Vladimir Putin at a joint press appearance, “Everyone here thinks you’re a jackass.”

The press corps appeared stunned by the uncharacteristic outburst from Mr. Obama, who then unleashed a ten-minute tirade at the stone-faced Russian President.

“Look, I’m not just talking about Snowden and Syria,” Mr. Obama said. “What about Pussy Riot? What about your anti-gay laws? Total jackass moves, my friend.”

As Mr. Putin narrowed his eyes in frosty silence, Mr. Obama seemed to warm to his topic.

“If you think I’m the only one who feels this way, you’re kidding yourself,” Mr. Obama said, jabbing his finger in the direction of the Russian President’s face. “Ask Angela Merkel. Ask David Cameron. Ask the Turkish guy. Every last one of them thinks you’re a dick.”

Shortly after Mr. Obama’s volcanic performance, Mr. Putin released a terse official statement, reading, “I should be afraid of this skinny man? I wrestle bears.”

After one day of meetings, the G20 nations voted unanimously on a resolution that said maybe everyone should just go home.

Back